Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK017 now 2 class?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, Emirates Skywards, Qatar , Flying Blue, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Will08
Yes basically just a summary of what has already been said. What is not clear is when the economy section to the right is utilised. DXB-BKK always has high Y loads and I got an op-up from Y to J despite the fact that this section was not in use.
Maybe it is not always the case but whenever I have seen Y passengers in the rear of the two economy sections, they have always got off first before business class. I would have thought that there is little chance that they would remain seated until business passengers have gone passed them. I have seen this section occupied on DXB to BKK and they got off first. But that is just my experience.

Last edited by LongGun; Sep 9, 2019 at 7:32 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by LongGun
Maybe it is not always the case but whenever I have seen Y passengers in the rear of the two economy sections, they have always got off first before business class. I would have thought that there is little chance that they would remain seated until business passengers have gone passed them. I have seen this section occupied on DXB to BKK and they got off first. But that is just my experience.
Yes absolutely, I think that will happen everytime, it's not that big of a section anyway. Why ek would move someone from Y to J whilst keeping that section empty is the question. May have been easier to only op-up a couple of people instead of opening that section, who knows..
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:19 am

Yes absolutely, I think that will happen everytime, it's not that big of a section anyway. Why ek would move someone from Y to J whilst keeping that section empty is the question. May have been easier to only op-up a couple of people instead of opening that section, who knows..
Probably less crew required if that section is shut off, and if their calculations are slightly out it could be too late to bring in more crew and/or more expensive than giving out a handful of op-ups.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Probably less crew required if that section is shut off, and if their calculations are slightly out it could be too late to bring in more crew and/or more expensive than giving out a handful of op-ups.
Yeah was gonna say the same but forgot. The aircraft is probably crewed so that they can't have pax there
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by LongGun
Somebody mentioned above that passengers are asked to remain seated in that section (between J and the exit) until J disembarks. Whether people listen is another thing... I know I wouldn't be waiting

It did happen to me on one of the few 2 class flights I've been on. I thought it was strange that nobody in Y were out of their seats when the curtain opened. I was off like a whippet down the aisle before they had chance to change their minds.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Somebody mentioned above that passengers are asked to remain seated in that section (between J and the exit) until J disembarks. Whether people listen is another thing... I know I wouldn't be waiting

It did happen to me on one of the few 2 class flights I've been on. I thought it was strange that nobody in Y were out of their seats when the curtain opened. I was off like a whippet down the aisle before they had chance to change their minds.
On the times I’ve flown on this second class bird the third class passengers had already scurried off by the time we got to disembark
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by m3red
On the times I’ve flown on this second class bird the third class passengers had already scurried off by the time we got to disembark
Probably because you were too busy still finishing off your two bottles of Dom and your red from your Tuesday night personal collection.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:41 am

Probably because you were too busy still finishing off your two bottles of Dom and your red from your Tuesday night personal collection.
No Dom on the second class plane, the peasants were let off first with their rucksacks and neck pillows.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:49 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
No Dom on the second class plane, the peasants were let off first with their rucksacks and neck pillows.
Neck pillows? How droll....
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:22 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

How did you survive?

If I'm on the 2 class, I just generally go to Le Clos and buy a few bottles of expensive red, and have the waitress put them behind the bar on the A380 (I put a DYKWIA sticker on them so none of the plebs get any). I also bring my own decanter just in case.
m3red likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:43 am

How did you survive?

If I'm on the 2 class, I just generally go to Le Clos and buy a few bottles of expensive red, and have the waitress put them behind the bar on the A380 (I put a DYKWIA sticker on them so none of the plebs get any). I also bring my own decanter just in case.
Not that disgusting PM though, I'd hope
DYKWIA, thijsseh and m3red like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:45 pm

How did you survive?

Yeah that’s a good idea - they need decanters on the 380 as well as the 777.

Man will always have F as it’s got the demand.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:35 am

Looks like EK17 on Sunday 15th Sept is full in economy.

Emirates are only selling business tickets now.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Tonight's MRU-DXB 2 class flight. - both upper deck Y cabins full and they disembarked before J.
EK017 2 class also looks to be packed to the rafters in both upper deck Y cabins.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Tonight's MRU-DXB 2 class flight. - both upper deck Y cabins full and they disembarked before J.
EK017 2 class also looks to be packed to the rafters in both upper deck Y cabins.
Upper jet bridge or downstairs to disembark?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.