Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Pickup time for Business Class in NYC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying Emirates Business JFK-DXB in October, departing at 11 PM. When I signed up for a chauffeur pickup, the shortest option was to arrive 3 hours before flight. In the evening, a car to JFK from my house is about 45 minutes. If I have preCheck and don't feel the need to go to the Lounge, how early do I have to get there to check luggage?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by cbastian
I'm flying Emirates Business JFK-DXB in October, departing at 11 PM. When I signed up for a chauffeur pickup, the shortest option was to arrive 3 hours before flight. In the evening, a car to JFK from my house is about 45 minutes. If I have preCheck and don't feel the need to go to the Lounge, how early do I have to get there to check luggage?
Generally check-in closes 60 minutes prior to departure, I assume this is the same in the USA (I see no reason why not, unlike flights departing TO the USA which may have additional security and document checks thus requiring a greater time limit).

Generally you will receive a call to confirm the chauffeur pick-up time and address and can at that point request a later pick-up, though I'm sure they'll be hesitant to go under 2h30m for your drive time, 2h might be a push. You could try request 20:45.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Generally check-in closes 60 minutes prior to departure, I assume this is the same in the USA (I see no reason why not, unlike flights departing TO the USA which may have additional security and document checks thus requiring a greater time limit).

Generally you will receive a call to confirm the chauffeur pick-up time and address and can at that point request a later pick-up, though I'm sure they'll be hesitant to go under 2h30m for your drive time, 2h might be a push. You could try request 20:45.
I can confirm check-in closes at T-60 minutes departing the USA (LAX and SFO to be specific, but I don't see why JFK/EWR would be different)
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by cbastian
Emirates uses Addison Lee at JFK. They usually contact via email / text 2-3 days prior. You can try asking for a later pick up, if that's what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.