Upgrade my parents

Old Aug 11, 19, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade my parents

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and can't find the answer to this, so apologies if already covered.

I'm a Silver member and would like to use my points to upgrade my parents.

1. I buy 2 tickets in Economy Flex in cash (after logging into my Skywards account). Do I add my or their Skyward numbers?

​​​​​​2. Can I use auto upgrade to Business (so that miles are automatically taken from my account) and the upgrade alerts service?

3. In the unlikely event, that I don't have enough points, can I pay the balance in cash?

4. They are not part of my family account, as I understand you get different Skywards accounts.

5. I'm not travelling with them.

Thanks in advance!
​​​
Old Aug 11, 19, 2:39 pm
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Welcome to the forum!

1. You add theirs. The Skywards number on the booking must match the pax travelling.
2. No, as the auto-upgrade would try to use their miles
3. No, search google for "Emirates skywards calculator" to find the calculator and check the miles you need
4. You can pool miles from multiple family members into a pool, but each family member has their own number. You don't need to set this up to use your miles to upgrade them
5. No problem

What you need to do, is log in with your Skywards account, then open their booking using the PNR + Last name. You can then process an upgrade online using your miles. Alternatively you can call EK (hold times tend to be somewhere between zero and quite short) and do it over the phone. You should add yourself as their travel coordinator on their Skywards accounts, just in case the phone agent makes a fuss about you not being the pax.

You mention auto upgrade, so I assume you're aware the availability isn't always there. Also there might not be availability for two upgrades.
Old Aug 11, 19, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AS100 View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and can't find the answer to this, so apologies if already covered.

I'm a Silver member and would like to use my points to upgrade my parents.

1. I buy 2 tickets in Economy Flex in cash (after logging into my Skywards account). Do I add my or their Skyward numbers?

​​​​​​2. Can I use auto upgrade to Business (so that miles are automatically taken from my account) and the upgrade alerts service?

3. In the unlikely event, that I don't have enough points, can I pay the balance in cash?

4. They are not part of my family account, as I understand you get different Skywards accounts.

5. I'm not travelling with them.

Thanks in advance!
​​​
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Welcome to the forum!

1. You add theirs. The Skywards number on the booking must match the pax travelling.
3. No, search google for "Emirates skywards calculator" to find the calculator and check the miles you need
4. You can pool miles from multiple family members into a pool, but each family member has their own number. You don't need to set this up to use your miles to upgrade them
5. No problem

What you need to do, is log in with your Skywards account, then open their booking using the PNR + Last name. You can then process an upgrade online using your miles. Alternatively you can call EK (hold times tend to be somewhere between zero and quite short) and do it over the phone. You should add yourself as their travel coordinator on their Skywards accounts, just in case the phone agent makes a fuss about you not being the pax.

You mention auto upgrade, so I assume you're aware the availability isn't always there. Also there might not be availability for two upgrades.
Thanks a lot for the quick and thorough update.

That's really helpful. Yes, I'm aware that not always available but let's see.
Old Aug 11, 19, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Welcome to the forum!

5. No problem

easiest is to manage their booking and then log into your account when you try and upgrade - it will then deduct miles.

you can buy missing miles but donít do this unless there is availability.

as Skyward said add your self as their travel coordinator which you can do by logging into your parents accounts.
Old Aug 11, 19, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 19, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Upgrades

I have a bit of a predicament:

I have just received an option to upgrade another one of their flights but I don't have currently have enough points.

1. I will have enough points after my next flight (in 2 weeks)
2. I can upgrade one of them now, which I will do
3. They are flying in a month or so

What are the chances the other upgrade will still be available after my flight, if I have the option to do so now.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 26, 19, 10:37 am

I have a bit of a predicament:

I have just received an option to upgrade another one of their flights but I don't have currently have enough points.

1. I will have enough points after my next flight (in 2 weeks)
2. I can upgrade one of them now, which I will do
3. They are flying in a month or so

What are the chances the other upgrade will still be available after my flight, if I have the option to do so now.

Thanks in advance.
Impossible to tell unfortunately
Old Aug 26, 19, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 19, 11:54 am

Thanks!
If it helps two years ago I wanted an upgrade which was available but only had the miles 2 weeks later and it remained available (DXB-FRA) but I don't know how many were originally available
Old Aug 26, 19, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Fingers crossed!!
Old Sep 21, 19, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Just FYI... upgrade no longer available... still a couple more weeks to go so will try few more times and have clicked on auto upgrade. Sods law.

Search this Thread