Flying SEA - HYD in August...Upgrade?

Old Jul 24, 19, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Flying SEA - HYD in August...Upgrade?

I do not have status with Emirates, however, wanted to know if there is anything I can do in the next 3 weeks to get upgraded. I have Platinum status with American Airlines and have 250,000 marriott point.

Is there anyway to get status or an upgrade?
Old Jul 24, 19, 5:23 pm

Programs: Air Canada Altitude (E50K)/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Bonvoy (Platinum Elite), IHG (Gold Elite)
I'm not the biggest EK Skywards expert, but if I'm not mistaken you can transfer Marriott Bonvoy Points to Skywards miles on a 3:1 basis. You would of course need to see how many miles are required for the upgrade and which of your flights you could afford to upgrade with the miles that you have.
Old Jul 24, 19, 5:24 pm

At the airport you can usually pay about $1000 to upgrade on the longer Seattle to Dubai leg.
In your emirates reservation make sure to have your email, and it is possible that you might get an email to upgrade the longer Seattle to Dubai leg for about $800 or so, about a week in advance.
Old Jul 25, 19, 2:38 am

Check upgrade availability before you transfer any points, and be aware that not all ticket types are upgradeable and some only 48 hours before departure.

Search this Thread