Wiki Posts
Search

Seat charge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by simons1
I had this going to Johannesburg. Late arrival of inbound from London due to technical issue but got to the gate 40 mins before and they said I had been offloaded. Stood my ground, called a supervisor and flight was re-opened.

In fact I messed messed up, I should have left it and claimed €600 compensation on EC261.
Ouch, how long was it until the next connection? I have been bumped quite a few times but theres always another flight within two hours.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I would prefer to take the money (if offered) and wait for the next flight. That way me and my bags will more than likely be on the same plane.

Last edited by Longton; Aug 10, 2019 at 3:51 pm Reason: Forgotten something
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
I booked a ticket on same booking code for My Wife and Mother in Law. Mother in Law will require wheelchair assistance. My wife wanted exit row seat and was willing to pay for the exit row seat YYZ / DXB . ( C $197 )She was told everybody on the booking code have to seat in exit row, if one person wants to seat in exit row. Wheelchair passengers are not allowed exit row seats. Also there is no charge seating for wheelchair passengers but they can only seat in designated seats and aisle only. So wife just paid for a regular seat.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by mgn2000
I booked a ticket on same booking code for My Wife and Mother in Law. Mother in Law will require wheelchair assistance. My wife wanted exit row seat and was willing to pay for the exit row seat YYZ / DXB . ( C $197 )She was told everybody on the booking code have to seat in exit row, if one person wants to seat in exit row. Wheelchair passengers are not allowed exit row seats. Also there is no charge seating for wheelchair passengers but they can only seat in designated seats and aisle only. So wife just paid for a regular seat.
Call EK and ask for the booking to be split if you really want an exit row for your wife. MIL cannot sit in an exit row, but she can sit in an extra legroom seat (they're not the same) as long as it's at a non-exit bulkhead (e.g. row 17 of a 3-class 77W)
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mgn2000
Call EK and split the booking/s.

Your wife can then get a exit row seat, e̶x̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ b̶a̶g̶g̶a̶g̶e̶ mother in law can have a disabled access seat and you can sit where ever you want.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: Skywards
I was on EK 302 last week (DXB-PVG) and this route is notorious for people hogging seats. I have lost count of how many times i've arrived at my seat only to find a family or a couple sitting on my seat.

So on this last trip, I approached my seat to find a little girl sitting on my seat alongside her family. Normally I would insist on that person moving as its my seat but I couldnt find it in me to ask her to move so I took that persons seat... only to approach that seat and another two people occupying this new seat. By this point, I asked that adult to go back to their original seat and she insisted at first but then budged.

The flight pursuer with the tablet was walking by and upgrading a few people so I did lodge a complaint with her and she told me to wait and see what she could do. She found an emergency exit seat with extra leg room which worked out really nicely. Only issue was that this seat was in the middle cabin (67K i believe?) and didn't recline. I've never sat on this specific seat before but im glad I did as its a really nice one (wouldn't pay for it ever though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.