Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about 777 J vs A380

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Thanks for the suggestion. Does "upgrading using points" put me in a back foot ? I mean the Dubai to HKG is in F, its just the GLA to DXB is downgraded. Should I call my local office at GLA or is there a universal call centre for us ?
There's a central call centre but EK has local numbers in all the countries it operates in, so find that and it'll automatically connect you.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:10 pm

No, I think because EDI only has 1 flight a day, thier 777 offers a 3 class cabin (for now, unless they decide to change the plane) ... but because from GLA, there are 2 flights daily one being the A380, they probably decided to switch the 777 which initially was a 3 class to a 2 class due to the lack of demand for F on the night flight. I was the only one sat in F when I looked at it last week...
Got you regarding the GLA flights and it does seem to get a few 2 class airframes (and F was completely empty on my night flight a few weeks ago).
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Managed to change it with no charge at all so now flying from Edi. Any ideas which gate EK leaves from ? Also, between the No. 1 Lounge and Aspire, which one do you guys recommend ? Not been to Edinburgh airport for about 15 years so I would imagine it to have changed a lot lol
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:35 pm

Managed to change it with no charge at all so now flying from Edi. Any ideas which gate EK leaves from ? Also, between the No. 1 Lounge and Aspire, which one do you guys recommend ? Not been to Edinburgh airport for about 15 years so I would imagine it to have changed a lot lol
I think EK only have a contract with No. 1. It's been recently refurbished and relocated and has views over the runway. I had a look round when it re-opened but never stayed. In its previous guise, the Aspire lounge beat it IMO, but not by much.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: Skywards
I was on the EDI-DXB (EK024) a few months ago, before the lounge refurbishment. Obviously not as good as the EK lounge but food selection was nice. It was busy though (given it was a shared lounge) and the disappointment was that there was no toilet in the lounge. Things may have changed with the new lounge but can not comment.

Here was the video which I made at the time:
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
I was on the EDI-DXB (EK024) a few months ago, before the lounge refurbishment. Obviously not as good as the EK lounge but food selection was nice. It was busy though (given it was a shared lounge) and the disappointment was that there was no toilet in the lounge. Things may have changed with the new lounge but can not comment.

Here was the video which I made at the time: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1T7XN1HRPp/
Gave you a follow
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
I think EK only have a contract with No. 1. It's been recently refurbished and relocated and has views over the runway. I had a look round when it re-opened but never stayed. In its previous guise, the Aspire lounge beat it IMO, but not by much.
I have a Dragonpass so have access to both - based on what you mention, I might go with Aspire then. I guess depending on where it is quieter lol. I wouldn't think a Tuesday evening would be busy anyhow
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y

Here was the video which I made at the time: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1T7XN1HRPp/
I think I saw your video yesterday on Youtube - It doesn't come up when I search Emirates Edinburgh though - I can't remember what I searched but it is way down the list so not sure if the keywords isn't right or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.