Wiki Posts
Search

Question about 777 J vs A380

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:35 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Longton
I don't understand the comment about the partition. The seats are two inches wider on the 777 than they are on the A380. Definitely not Premium Economy.
And the angle of the ‘angled lie flat’ is not so severe that it is a big problem. Previously, on other airlines, I have found myself in a heap at the feet end of ‘angled lie flat’ seats when I woke up, but I have never had this ‘sliding down’ problem on the 77W. I much prefer the A380 J seat for a number of reasons, but my limited experience with PE is infinitely worse than 77W J!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The upstairs Y pairs on the A380 are the equivalent to PE in my opinion. Good legroom, and the width didn't seem tight to me.
m3red and Bouncingsouls like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:54 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The upstairs Y pairs on the A380 are the equivalent to PE in my opinion. Good legroom, and the width didn't seem tight to me.
Yes, and if you have a window (A/K) seat you get this great storage bin next to you thrown in as well.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
thats where PE will go.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by m3red
thats where PE will go.
Yess, on frames without First. Frames with First will see PE in the forward main deck cabin.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Suggesting 777 J is more like premium economy was to highlight the gulf in class between that product and the a380 product. For me, I am able to sleep on one of them and not the other and that is my priority. Therefore when you pay the exact same price for a 777 flight as you would an a380 for me it is just not worth it.

I cannot understand the similarities suggested between 2 class economy seats upstairs and premium economy. I sat in one of these a couple of weeks ago and found the experience identical to downstairs, the only positive is that it felt lest crowded but like having the storage bucket, this had no influence on seat comfort.

I flew Etihad a few months ago from Paris to Bangkok. I had a 'space' seat on both flights, the first being an a380, the second a 777. Whilst they are not classed as premium economy they are worlds apart in terms of comfort compared to economy upstairs on EK.

As for PE comparisons, it would be interesting to see the figures between Virgins new PE and EK 777 J - same layout 2-3-2, and possibly a bigger seat and tv screen on virgin...
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Will08
I cannot understand the similarities suggested between 2 class economy seats upstairs and premium economy. I sat in one of these a couple of weeks ago and found the experience identical to downstairs, the only positive is that it felt lest crowded but like having the storage bucket, this had no influence on seat comfort.
2x4x2 rather than 3x4x3 is a big difference...

Great for couples.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
2x4x2 rather than 3x4x3 is a big difference...

Great for couples.
Yes, totally agree, I sat in a 2 with the mrs and it was great not having anyone next to us but I have also flown an airasia flight which was 2-2 but this did not make me feel like I was flying PE lol!

I also dont think there is any extra legroom in these seats.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:18 am

The upstairs Y pairs on the A380 are the equivalent to PE in my opinion.
I was just thinking I might opt for one next week, but having a walk to the galley for another beer is a favourite past time of mine and I've just thought that won't be possible surely?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I do my best to avoid the Emirates 777 I really did not like it it just felt too cramped and I would not book business without the lounge myself

I have to say if I had a long wait at any airport lounge then i would chose Dubai
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I was just thinking I might opt for one next week, but having a walk to the galley for another beer is a favourite past time of mine and I've just thought that won't be possible surely?
Not sure if there if there is a Y galley in front of J.

Mine was the my first (leisure) flight for years where I chose not to drink... so, I didn't explore.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:14 am

Those prices are quite good... I just checked from MAN and it's < £2000 to HKG on Business Saver. Business Special is about £120 less.
Looks like these prices have disappeared. They bombard you all year with talk of Special Offers which aren't special, then when they do have a sale they don't tell you.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
i have posted separately on these fares but many of the UK travels agents are selling these what I call the business lite ticket without any indication that they do not include chauffeur, lounge and pre booking seats either out of ignorance or just laziness when you try to find out which fare it is being sold
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
i have posted separately on these fares but many of the UK travels agents are selling these what I call the business lite ticket without any indication that they do not include chauffeur, lounge and pre booking seats either out of ignorance or just laziness when you try to find out which fare it is being sold
Yes, you've already posted that on the other thread. Why post here? The differences are known by the people posting on this thread... no mention of TAs.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Not sure if there if there is a Y galley in front of J.

Mine was the my first (leisure) flight for years where I chose not to drink... so, I didn't explore.
no galley just in front of J from memory of walking to get our J seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.