Child meals on EK18 on the 24th July

Old Jul 15, 19, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Child meals on EK18 on the 24th July

Can anyone help with whatís in a childrenís meal for the above flight, I have searched and tried various sites without gain
Old Jul 16, 19, 4:51 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
have you asked Emirates?
Old Jul 16, 19, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Do children's meal change by the day or route? Children's meals are not exactly 'book the cook'. What is the specific question you are asking (ie allergies, etc)?
Old Jul 16, 19, 6:11 am

Programs: QF WP
FINALLY an opportunity to get in the traditional, ďfor those who havenít memorised the timetable, this is MAN-DXBĒ
Old Jul 16, 19, 9:51 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Oztravellerleeds View Post
Can anyone help with what’s in a children’s meal for the above flight, I have searched and tried various sites without gain
Since you are asking the interwebs, I will wager on chicken and mixed veggies in a bland creamy sauce OR pasta rolls stuffed with ground chicken/turkey with a tomato sauce and cheese on top.

Plus water, maybe chocolate milk/juice, spreadable cheese, a cookie, a bag crisps. Dessert of chocolate mousse or brownie.

The second service is likely the same as the adults.

Disclaimer: you should not rely on this advice
Old Jul 17, 19, 6:33 am

got to feel sorry for OP 14 responses and no real answer but hey I've learnt something even if they have not
Old Jul 17, 19, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
got to feel sorry for OP 14 responses and no real answer but hey I've learnt something even if they have not
suspect because your answer is the correct answer
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Jul 17, 19, 8:44 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Mod Note:

Sorry folks. Wire brush and dettol applied (clean up).

Fifteen posts removed as had very little or no relevance to the question asked by the OP. We have an off topic chit chat and banter thread. Feel free to use if you want to chat about Leeds etc.

And as a word of caution, when posting, please keep within the rules. Being snarky is not very welcoming!

Thanks

Saltire74
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 2:37 am
Original Poster

So some of the answers were Snarky.....I asked a genuine question about a subject I thought someone may have been able to assist. It appears sadly I was wrong. To answer some of the above genuine replies, yes I have asked Emirates, who were less that helpful and in fact gave wrong information. No it’s not about allergies, he is a 10 yr old lad who eats for England, if memory serves me well the kids meals I have seen on previous Emirates flights, were more like meals for very young children, he has seen the menu for adults and didn’t like the choice, I was merely trying to find out what sort of thing is served as a child’s meal nowadays as I have not flown Emirates for over twelve months, and would it be enough for him on a 7 hr flight.

for the snarky children on here, feel free to send me your messages to me as a message so I can reply appropriately
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:00 am

Apologies for the off subject contribution

I find it very disappointing that Emirates were not able to answer such a basic question
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:14 am

Itís definitely a shame Emirates canít tell you, hopefully you can feed back afterwards so that at least someone in future may benefit from the information?

as an aside I suppose if he already knows he doesnít fancy the ďadultĒ offering at least at worst a child meal is only adding a further option to not fancy?

(also apologies if my answer came across as snarky, wasnít intended as such, only to move the discussion along)
Oztravellerleeds likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Oztravellerleeds View Post
So some of the answers were Snarky.....I asked a genuine question about a subject I thought someone may have been able to assist. It appears sadly I was wrong. To answer some of the above genuine replies, yes I have asked Emirates, who were less that helpful and in fact gave wrong information. No itís not about allergies, he is a 10 yr old lad who eats for England, if memory serves me well the kids meals I have seen on previous Emirates flights, were more like meals for very young children, he has seen the menu for adults and didnít like the choice, I was merely trying to find out what sort of thing is served as a childís meal nowadays as I have not flown Emirates for over twelve months, and would it be enough for him on a 7 hr flight.

for the snarky children on here, feel free to send me your messages to me as a message so I can reply appropriately
If he's got a healthy appetite, the children's portion will not be enough. It's definitely smaller than adult meals. Having said that, my kids, albeit younger than yours, don't like children's meal. We carry homemade sandwiches for them and they pick out cake and juice from on-board children's meal. If he doesn't like anything on-board, still book a regular adult meal for him and carry something for him as a backup.

Will you have lounge access ? If so, eat in the lounge.
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
It's a six-hour flight, so I'm sure a few sandwiches bought at MAN airport will be sufficient backup.
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:45 am

My experience of the Emirates lounges in Manchester Dubai and Bangkok was that the food was excellent and that I only needed to snack on board with the exception of the breakfasts on landing which I am sorry to admit I had more than one -

Search this Thread