Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How early can I check in for EK flight T3 DXB?

Old Jul 13, 19, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Iím travelling to Muscat via Dubai next January. My BA flight (booked using Avios) arrives at 23:45 and there is an EK flight around 08:00 the next day. I will have to pick-up my checked baggage, change terminal and check-in for the flight to Muscat so Iím wondering if I can check-in c7hours before my flight? Iím planning to use the airside hotel before my flight to Muscat if I can check-in early.

I havenít found a definitive answer online so any info/advice much appreciated before I book my EK flight.
Old Jul 13, 19, 3:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Essex Flyer View Post
I’m travelling to Muscat via Dubai next January. My BA flight (booked using Avios) arrives at 23:45 and there is an EK flight around 08:00 the next day. I will have to pick-up my checked baggage, change terminal and check-in for the flight to Muscat so I’m wondering if I can check-in c7hours before my flight? I’m planning to use the airside hotel before my flight to Muscat if I can check-in early.

I haven’t found a definitive answer online so any info/advice much appreciated before I book my EK flight.

You can check in and drop your luggage up to 24 hours before your flight.
Old Jul 13, 19, 11:04 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
By the time you get into bed at the T3 hotel it will be nearly 2pm (if you are lucky) and in my experience you will have to be up at 6.30 for a 8pm flight so is it worth it.
There are later flights to MCT so why don't you, as I have done and will do again in October, get a later flight and have a lie in.
Are you are going to work first thing at Muscat? If not you won't probably be able to check-in to your hotel till 1ish.
SS
Old Jul 13, 19, 11:49 am
Original Poster

That’s a good suggestion re a later flight, this is a leisure trip so no particular need to get to Muscat early. Enjoy your trip in October.
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:05 pm

I have something similar from FRA to BKK. I have a 8 hours stop over in DBX. So I have to pickup my baggage in DBX and check it in again? I do not think so, or I am wrong?
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by SwissTom View Post
I have something similar from FRA to BKK. I have a 8 hours stop over in DBX. So I have to pickup my baggage in DBX and check it in again? I do not think so, or I am wrong?
Not if you're flying through on a single ticket/airline. The OP is arriving on one airline and continuing on another (BA and EK) on separate tickets and the airlines don't have an interline agreement. In such a case one must collect and re-check.
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
The OP is arriving on one airline and continuing on another (BA and EK) on separate tickets and the airlines don't have an interline agreement.
Sorry, I missed this facts. Thanks!
I fly EK all the way to BKK.
Old Jul 13, 19, 3:46 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Originally Posted by Essex Flyer View Post
Thatís a good suggestion re a later flight, this is a leisure trip so no particular need to get to Muscat early. Enjoy your trip in October.
Note that some flights to MCT are flydubai which don't leave from T3 and the only later EK flight is at 16.10
The other day flight at 14.45 is on flydubai
cheers
SS
ps107 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 19, 3:15 am

OR
Even better
Collect your luggage and check in to an airside hotel (much cheaper) and then catch an Oman Air flight from T1 at 11am or 12,25
SS
Old Jul 14, 19, 9:01 am

Programs: Skywards
A landside hotel will be much cheaper than an airside hotel and you will have a lot of choice. Holiday Inn and Premier Inn and close by and provide courtesy shuttles. At the moment the cost is around Dirhams 150 per room.

I usually check my bags through to my final destination and just walk out with hand baggage, in which I have a change of clothes and toiletries in small bottles.
Silverswimmer likes this.

Last edited by Longton; Jul 14, 19 at 9:05 am Reason: Something missing
Old Jul 14, 19, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

I did look at Oman Air flights but assume I wouldn’t be able to check-in until 3 hours before the flight and so an airside Hotel won’t be an option. A landside hotel and Oman Air flights are starting to look like the best option.
Silverswimmer likes this.

Search this Thread