Dubai Int hotel

Old Jul 11, 19, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Dubai Int hotel

we have an intentional 12 hr overnight stay in Dubai and want to book the Int Hotel. Our flight EK 022 lands 19.50, flight EK 352 departs 10.00, both T3. The options given for room are concourse B, gates 14 or 22 or concourse A gates 1or24. Iíve emailed the hotel for clarity but they only confused me more. How do I find out which room to book? Because if I have a choice, I guarantee Iíll choose the wrong one. Thanks
Old Jul 11, 19, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Katykat View Post
we have an intentional 12 hr overnight stay in Dubai and want to book the Int Hotel. Our flight EK 022 lands 19.50, flight EK 352 departs 10.00, both T3. The options given for room are concourse B, gates 14 or 22 or concourse A gates 1or24. Iíve emailed the hotel for clarity but they only confused me more. How do I find out which room to book? Because if I have a choice, I guarantee Iíll choose the wrong one. Thanks
It's a lucky dip at the moment as no-one knows what Concourse you'll arrive or depart from. They may know your intended departure gate 12 hours in advance and I've read they can change your booking if required to be nearer that gate. It's not a big deal if you have to change Concourses.
Old Jul 11, 19, 3:11 am

Programs: EK Gold, EI Elite, BA Silver
As stated by ft101 its impossible to say at this stage which concourse you will arrive/depart from, but in any event they are easy to move between so feel free to book international hotel in either concourse, and depending on availability when you land, the hotel can swap you if necessary to be nearer your departure gate
Old Jul 11, 19, 4:24 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Book a room in Concourse B - your flight might depart from A, B or even C. B is in the middle and you can access A and C easily from there. I also find the rooms in B slightly bigger and also quieter (better sound proofing) than in A.
ps107 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 19, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Jul 11, 19, 4:45 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Originally Posted by XXTSGR View Post

Book a room in Concourse B - your flight might depart from A, B or even C. B is in the middle and you can access A and C easily from there. I also find the rooms in B slightly bigger and also quieter (better sound proofing) than in A.
I agree-I always stay in B for that reason-and it is joined by a corridor to the EK lounges so you don't need to fight through the mob to get there,and back.
SS
Old Jul 11, 19, 5:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Just to add a perhaps obvious question, have you considered leaving the airport? With that arrival timing you could still get to a hotel near the airport or even downtown and hit up a few bars or a restaurant for a nice dinner. Also much cheaper than the airport hotel, but of course only practical if you do not require a visa to enter the UAE.
ps107 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 19, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Just to add a perhaps obvious question, have you considered leaving the airport? With that arrival timing you could still get to a hotel near the airport or even downtown and hit up a few bars or a restaurant for a nice dinner. Also much cheaper than the airport hotel, but of course only practical if you do not require a visa to enter the UAE.
Or book one of the 4 earlier EK flights to SIN instead of spending 12 hours in the desert?

Last edited by ps107; Jul 11, 19 at 2:08 pm
Old Jul 13, 19, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
We donít want the hassle of clearing immigration and then checking back in.
Old Jul 13, 19, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ps107 View Post
Or book one of the 4 earlier EK flights to SIN instead of spending 12 hours in the desert?
Now that is the million dollar question. Previous flights done in business class but this time, OH has decreed that Emirates have raised their prices just too much. Hence economy class. However, I negotiated a concession with him that we at least sleep in a real bed and have a real shower in both Dubai and Singapore. We also have a 2 night stopover in Singapore on the way back ( from Australia.) However, on the very last leg, I might consider using miles to upgrade from Dubai to Manchester. Is anyone able to tell me when the miles are added ie, are they added in real time as in when we get to Australia or are they only added when the whole return journey has been completed?
ps107 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 9:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold

Now that is the million dollar question. Previous flights done in business class but this time, OH has decreed that Emirates have raised their prices just too much. Hence economy class. However, I negotiated a concession with him that we at least sleep in a real bed and have a real shower in both Dubai and Singapore. We also have a 2 night stopover in Singapore on the way back ( from Australia.) However, on the very last leg, I might consider using miles to upgrade from Dubai to Manchester. Is anyone able to tell me when the miles are added ie, are they added in real time as in when we get to Australia or are they only added when the whole return journey has been completed?
The miles for the outbound will be credited within 24hrs of arriving in Australia, often within a few hours of arrival
Old Jul 13, 19, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Brilliant, thanks

Search this Thread