Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Auto upgrade with not enough miles balance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond

Does anyone have experience on what happens if you auto upgrade with not enough miles in your balance and a seat in the higher class becomes available? do they cancel the upgrade or give you the chance to buy the miles difference? To be honest, I am not going to buy miles in advance if in the end I do not get the upgrade...
Thanks for your feedback
Docsxx
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I actually just signed up to try and see what happens because I've received 3 alerts of availability only to login and see none. Not sure what happens but nothing to lose at this point
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: Avios (Aerclub & BA), Emirates
You can still register for the auto upgrade. When an upgrade seat becomes available you will receive the email but it will not allow you to execute the upgrade until you increase your balance. Recently I had the same situation where I was 1000 points short. I quickly bought the points and then executed the auto upgrade offer.
Zol, docsxx and Traveler Dave like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.