Cancel Skywards account

Old Jul 3, 19, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus / Star Alliance Gold ; AY Gold / One World Sapphire; Sixt Platinum
Cancel Skywards account

Has anyone been able to find out how to cancel a Skywards account by email? The conditions state that "A Member may at any time cancel his or her membership by advising an Emirates Contact Centre in writing or returning his or her membership card to an Emirates Contact Centre." Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 19, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Have you asked EK?
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus / Star Alliance Gold ; AY Gold / One World Sapphire; Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Have you asked EK?
Thanks. Through google, I found an emailadress of Skywards in Dubai. I mailed them just now.
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:59 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Seems drastic - any particular reason to cancel the account rather than just mothball it?
Old Jul 3, 19, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FEasy View Post
Thanks. Through google, I found an emailadress of Skywards in Dubai. I mailed them just now.
? Why don't you just call them? It'll take 5 minutes. Or Twitter. They're super slow on email
Old Jul 3, 19, 1:23 pm

Programs: Skywards
Why do you want to cancel? (Asking out of curiosity)
Old Jul 4, 19, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dambus View Post
Seems drastic - any particular reason to cancel the account rather than just mothball it?
I won't use it anymore, and mothballing it means I remain a member. I had hoped cancelling would be as easy as was registering, with a "Cancel" button somewhere in the Skywards profile page. Insisting on written cancellation, if it's really by letter post, is not very user-friendly - Hotel California style. I hope an email will do.
Old Jul 4, 19, 4:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FEasy View Post
I won't use it anymore, and mothballing it means I remain a member. I had hoped cancelling would be as easy as was registering, with a "Cancel" button somewhere in the Skywards profile page. Insisting on written cancellation, if it's really by letter post, is not very user-friendly - Hotel California style. I hope an email will do.
Why don't you just call and get it over with in 5 minutes?
Old Jul 4, 19, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Why don't you just call and get it over with in 5 minutes?
I doubt that will do it for cancelling an account, cf. Emirates' conditions I quoted. I could call with same question I asked here and probably get a reply, indeed, but when I first posted I had no access to a phone and had already spent some time on the Emirates site to find an answer that didn't involve writing an actual letter or sending a card back. Anyways, I'll write here how it eventually goes, so at least the forum archives will yield a reply.
Old Jul 4, 19, 8:26 am

I presume you want cancel to stop getting all the email ads? Might be easier to set a rule for your email to have all those email forward to your trash.

TD
Old Jul 4, 19, 8:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post
I presume you want cancel to stop getting all the email ads? Might be easier to set a rule for your email to have all those email forward to your trash.

TD
Or just unsubscribe in the Skywards preferences
Traveler Dave and Tanzguy like this.
Old Jul 4, 19, 8:48 am

Or just unsubscribe in the Skywards preferences
I thought of that too. But since he was having issues with their process(es) I suggested an option fully in his control. But if it were me I do what you suggested.

TD
Old Jul 4, 19, 9:11 am

Off topic:. It took me forever to totally cancel a Alaskan Airline account. It took three separate departments to authorize a total closure over weeks/months. Because not just one department had the authority to close everything. Email, airline account, third party mailings. Eventually, it all worked out, but it was a total pain. Reason I closed it because they spam you with credit card offerings, magazines and all kinds of junk and regardless of how many times you opt-out, months down the road they start sending them again.. I will never fly with them.
FEasy likes this.

Search this Thread