Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Disappointed with EK, should I switch to QR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointed with EK, should I switch to QR?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Thumbs down Disappointed with EK, should I switch to QR?

Recently I have been extremely disappointed with my experience on EK. First of, all me to mentioned that for this trip (2 days ago) I was flying from Singapore - Kuwait on a Flex Plus ticket on J class. I am a silver member (14k short of achieving gold.)

I purchased a Flex Plus Y ticket believing I would be upgraded to J class from DXB - SIN and vice versa. Unfortunately not only I was not upgraded for purchasing the a flex plus ticket, but I also was unable to get the extra leg-room seat immediately behind business class cabin (remind me why I should ever purchase a Flex Plus ticket again?) The flight was average and nothing to complain about. However, this is where the nightmare starts.

From SIN - DXB I upgraded to J using my miles. Upon boarding the steward serving me did not bother to smile at me. The gentleman seated in front of me (came after I boarded, but had European accent) was treated differently. She offered to store his jacket (while ignoring me,) she kept smiling throughout the journey to him while looking at me with a mean face (don't really care but I hate racism,) she helped him (for like 5 minutes) storing his luggage (while ignoring me,) and my neighbors were served cashews while I was served nothing. Dinner started 3 hours after take off, I told another steward to wake me up for dinner if I'm asleep and she simply replied "I will eat your food if your sleep" and just moved on! Crying kids on business cabin and crew didn't seem to care (couldn't get a good night sleep due to crying babies and afraid of missing dinner if I fell asleep.) From DXB - KWI first class was empty, I asked for a can of 7-up and it was served 30 minutes later (after I finished my breakfast!) and J class was not full (but had like 5 I/O's in business class to my knowledge.) No hot towels were served upon landing in KWI.

I'm really disappointed with my last experience. For the price I paid (Flex Plus fare, and in business class) and as I'm 14K short of achieving gold I'm seriously considering switching over to QR. My Silver expires on December and I was never upgraded throughout my journey, and after that I'm not spending any more $$$ on EK.

Could you please tell me what it's like to fly QR? Do they value their loyal passengers? Will I have a better experience there? What airlines do you folks recommend?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by aceboy44
I purchased a Flex Plus Y ticket believing I would be upgraded to J class from DXB - SIN and vice versa. Unfortunately not only I was not upgraded for purchasing the a flex plus ticket,
You might consider buying a J ticket if you want if you want to fly J. That will up your chances to fly J considerably.

I am having a very hard time deciding if this is a joke or not.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Denizz
You might consider buying a J ticket if you want if you want to fly J. That will up your chances to fly J considerably.

I am having a very hard time deciding if this is a joke or not.
The no OP-UP was a disappointment, but not much of an issue (future flights should be on savers only! lesson learned.) My issue is the horrible service encountered in J class (why is it so difficult to wake me up for dinner?????)

Which part of my post suggests that I am "joking"?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:27 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Mod note.

Folks, a thread tidy up has had to occur. If you are going to contribute to a thread, please ensure you stay within the rules. If you don’t agree with a post or poster, think before or if you really need to reply. If you don’t agree with the post, tap the little red triangle �� below the poster’s name and one of the moderators will deal with it if or when required.

I see no value in leaving this thread open at this time.

Saltire74
Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.