Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

2 in F DPS-DXB Possible on Fri/Sat?

Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

I've been spending a lot of time researching a specific route, DPS-DXB, which is flight EK 451. I am trying to book 2 F seats over a year from now, and studying availability there is only 1 day out of a possible 104 with availability for two on this route on either a Friday or Saturday over the course of the next year. Unfortunately my plans will require me to fly on either Friday or Saturday.

Fri/Sat availability for 2 in F seems to be an issue for most other routes ex-SE Asia as well. I suppose it is obvious that availability would be tighter when most people are flying, but for a lot of these days not a single F seat has been sold.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I didnt think that You can book further than a year in advance

Looking on EF for a week in March and there F4A4 on most days

Last edited by Dave Noble; Jun 26, 2019 at 9:34 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by thetaxman29
I've been spending a lot of time researching a specific route, DPS-DXB, which is flight EK 451. I am trying to book 2 F seats over a year from now, and studying availability there is only 1 day out of a possible 104 with availability for two on this route on either a Friday or Saturday over the course of the next year. Unfortunately my plans will require me to fly on either Friday or Saturday.

Fri/Sat availability for 2 in F seems to be an issue for most other routes ex-SE Asia as well. I suppose it is obvious that availability would be tighter when most people are flying, but for a lot of these days not a single F seat has been sold.
When they release space is your issue. They usually only release 1 in advance. Depending on the route they will open up the space closer to the date. ExpertFlyer shows points space for 3 seats on flight 451 leaving Sunday.

TD
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

I assume the OP is talking about award seats - but doesn't specifically mention it...
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I assume the OP is talking about award seats - but doesn't specifically mention it...
Yes, correct. Sorry I didn't mention that.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

I'm not looking out > 1 year. I'm studying availability < 1 year for a future award reservation.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

When they release space is your issue. They usually only release 1 in advance. Depending on the route they will open up the space closer to the date. ExpertFlyer shows points space for 3 seats on flight 451 leaving Sunday.

TD
Yes I think you're right. Given my research I may just be SOL on this and can find an alternative.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by thetaxman29
Yes I think you're right. Given my research I may just be SOL on this and can find an alternative.
Had the same issue with our MLE-DXB leg. When we booked, 9 months in advance, they were using the 8 seat configuration in F and only had 1 seat available for points upgrade from business. Closer to flight day they would open up 3-4 seats based on the amount of seats sold.

Now they are using the 6 seat configuration on that route. They offer no advance F points upgrades until 2-3 days before the flight. At that point they are opening up 2 seats.

We booked is business on points and are waiting/hoping the 2 seats open up in F for our flight. If we get “stuck” in business we will suffer through with the cheap champagne.

TD
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Had the same issue with our MLE-DXB leg. When we booked, 9 months in advance, they were using the 8 seat configuration in F and only had 1 seat available for points upgrade from business. Closer to flight day they would open up 3-4 seats based on the amount of seats sold.

Now they are using the 6 seat configuration on that route. They offer no advance F points upgrades until 2-3 days before the flight. At that point they are opening up 2 seats.

We booked is business on points and are waiting/hoping the 2 seats open up in F for our flight. If we get “stuck” in business we will suffer through with the cheap champagne.

TD
Yep, my intended routing is DPS-DXB-MLE. For DXB-MLE if we're "stuck" in business that is only a 4.5 hr flight, so wouldn't be a huge deal anyway. It is the DPS-DXB leg which is giving me problems and is twice as long.

Given that I would be going pretty far out of the way in terms of routing, I don't think I'll roll the dice on F awards 2-3 days in advance, and just route through SIN instead (albeit in much less luxurious conditions).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.