FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   777ER 3 class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1974101-777er-3-class.html)

Ronel Jun 15, 2019 9:37 am

777ER 3 class

First time not on 380. AMS/DXB bus return so presume it is on the old set up. Would have liked row 6 pair of window seats either side but look to be blocked. Seat guru advise that row 7 are bad seats due to toilets and offset window. Be grateful for any advice as the small cabin looks ideal.

skywardhunter Jun 15, 2019 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Ronel (Post 31205426)
First time not on 380. AMS/DBX bus return so presume it is on the old set up. Would have liked row 6 pair of window seats either side but look to be blocked. Seat guru advise that row 7 are bad seats due to toilets and offset window. Be grateful for any David as the small cabin looks ideal.

Not sure if I can provide any David, but my advice would be to go for row 7, especially if you're on the night flight. The offset window isn't that big of a deal unless you really really love looking out the window. I'm a window guy myself, I always sit at the window (85%, I've started experimenting with aisles on shorter (sub 3.5h) flights and my favourite seats are 7A or 7K. 6A and 6K are also very nice, perhaps as nice as row 7, the issue is that these are bassinet seats and hence blocked. You can possibly get them at OLCI or at the airport if still available.

Not sure what you mean by "old set up", EK has 3-class 77Ws that have been delivery pretty recently, in terms of IFE and all they're pretty up to date. But they are all still in 2-3-2 unfortunately.

FYI, it's DXB, not DBX :)

thijsseh Jun 15, 2019 10:28 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 31205530)
Not sure if I can provide any David, but my advice would be to go for row 7, especially if you're on the night flight. The offset window isn't that big of a deal unless you really really love looking out the window. I'm a window guy myself, I always sit at the window (85%, I've started experimenting with aisles on shorter (sub 3.5h) flights and my favourite seats are 7A or 7K. 6A and 6K are also very nice, perhaps as nice as row 7, the issue is that these are bassinet seats and hence blocked. You can possibly get them at OLCI or at the airport if still available.

Not sure what you mean by "old set up", EK has 3-class 77Ws that have been delivery pretty recently, in terms of IFE and all they're pretty up to date. But they are all still in 2-3-2 unfortunately.

FYI, it's DXB, not DBX :)

Agree 100% with skywardhunter. Unless you REALLY want to look out of the window all the time, 7A and K are fine. You need to lean forward a bit to line yourself up with the window but it’s no big deal. And I have never found the proximity to the toilets a problem. In fact, the toilets are behind the galley so anyone from row 6/7 waiting would be in the galley and not near your seat. Row 8 is MUCH worse in that respect and I avoid 8B , E, G and J for that reason.

Ronel Jun 15, 2019 10:57 am

Many thanks, have changed seats to 7 J/K. And I will check again at check in. Having said that the window is no big deal. On the 380 we always choose the 2 middle seats, so no window at all. It was more the warning about the toilet that was the concern.

skywardhunter Jun 15, 2019 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Ronel (Post 31205654)
Many thanks, have changed seats to 7 J/K. And I will check again at check in. Having said that the window is no big deal. On the 380 we always choose the 2 middle seats, so no window at all. It was more the warning about the toilet that was the concern.

Yeah toilet is not an issue, especially in the window seat.

ukdoctor Jun 15, 2019 11:50 am

7 K is my favourite seat on a 777. Gives a very nice mini cabin feel. Never had any issue with toilet noise.

Another advantage of row 6 or 7 is that on a 3 class 777 you can turn left on entering the aircraft (and not have any of the Y pax walking past)

Ronel Jun 15, 2019 4:22 pm

That’s a big advantage.

Tanzguy Jun 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ronel (Post 31205426)
First time not on 380. AMS/DBX bus return so presume it is on the old set up. Would have liked row 6 pair of window seats either side but look to be blocked. Seat guru advise that row 7 are bad seats due to toilets and offset window. Be grateful for any David as the small cabin looks ideal.

Yes, Row 6 often opens up a few days prior to departure. if I can't get row 6, I like row 7 and never have any problems from the noise from the lavs. I often totally sleep on the NBO-DXB portion of my travels

kq747 Jun 17, 2019 7:28 am

Just as a side note; I've also had the best service from all my EK flights (including a half full A380 J cabin) whenever I'm in row 6/7 on a 77W.

Ronel Jun 17, 2019 11:40 am

Strange that Seat Guru should be so negative about these seats. Where do they get their information?

thijsseh Jun 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ronel (Post 31206456)
That’s a big advantage.

On the other hand, you’ll have the F passengers walking past and looking down on you when you are in row 6 or 7. Each of them accompanied by a FA.... ;)

skywardhunter Jun 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ronel (Post 31211807)
Strange that Seat Guru should be so negative about these seats. Where do they get their information?

I find Seatguru to rarely be reliable. Perhaps its automated just based on the fact that there's a lav behind that row prior to the next row, with no regard for actual distance/impact

Dirty_Idea Jun 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Recently returned from a trip in 6K. I took the seat after reading that it's easier to get past your neighbour. I can't say that I noticed much difference, I still had to climb over them the whole time. I'd go for 7K next time.

TBH I found the 777 product to be far inferior to the A380. It felt like a different airline. The A380 made a 14 hour flight seem like 7 hours, the 777 made it feel longer. I'll avoid flying that product again.

JTXC Jun 25, 2019 11:05 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 31211884)

On the other hand, you’ll have the F passengers walking past and looking down on you when you are in row 6 or 7. Each of them accompanied by a FA.... ;)

Usually I am the one getting dirty looks as I walk through to F. Though this does not happen often, since except at a remote stand L1 is available.

Rebound Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dirty_Idea (Post 31229714)
Recently returned from a trip in 6K. I took the seat after reading that it's easier to get past your neighbour. I can't say that I noticed much difference, I still had to climb over them the whole time. I'd go for 7K next time.

TBH I found the 777 product to be far inferior to the A380. It felt like a different airline. The A380 made a 14 hour flight seem like 7 hours, the 777 made it feel longer. I'll avoid flying that product again.

Thanks, I have selected 7K for my next flight as a result :)