FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Origin Open Jaw - no more Business Savers? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1973863-origin-open-jaw-no-more-business-savers.html)

DYKWIA Jun 13, 19 10:28 am

Origin Open Jaw - no more Business Savers?
 
I've been looking at a AMS-DXB-MAN itinerary, and I've noticed that Business Savers are not available on the open jaw. If I do each leg separately (MAN-DXB-MAN & AMS-DXB-MAN), then all the legs show up as Business Saver being available.

I've tried it on a few Europe-DXB routes, and it seems to be pretty consistent.

What I have found is that they are still available if it's within the same country - LHR-DXB-MAN / DUS-DXB-FRA etc.

To be honest, I've only checked around 6 routes... so not comprehensive. But I wonder if this is another change? I guess it won't affect many people, but then, why would they do it?

Of course, it just be a glitch that will fix itself by tomorrow, and I'll look a fool :)

PS.. The Business Special fares don't seem to have made it to Europe yet :)

ElJudioErrante Jun 13, 19 6:32 pm


Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31199149)
I've been looking at a AMS-DXB-MAN itinerary, and I've noticed that Business Savers are not available on the open jaw. If I do each leg separately (MAN-DXB-MAN & AMS-DXB-MAN), then all the legs show up as Business Saver being available.

I've tried it on a few Europe-DXB routes, and it seems to be pretty consistent.

What I have found is that they are still available if it's within the same country - LHR-DXB-MAN / DUS-DXB-FRA etc.

To be honest, I've only checked around 6 routes... so not comprehensive. But I wonder if this is another change? I guess it won't affect many people, but then, why would they do it?

Of course, it just be a glitch that will fix itself by tomorrow, and I'll look a fool :)

PS.. The Business Special fares don't seem to have made it to Europe yet :)

Open jaw using saver fares in both Y/J are only available AFAIK on EK returning to same country of origin.
I'd be interested to know of any exceptions as much of my air travel involves OJ

DYKWIA Jun 14, 19 1:22 am


Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante (Post 31200771)
Open jaw using saver fares in both Y/J are only available AFAIK on EK returning to same country of origin.
I'd be interested to know of any exceptions as much of my air travel involves OJ

I used to be able to price up AMS-DXB-MAN with J Savers. When did this change?

Dave Noble Jun 14, 19 1:28 am


Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31201559)
I used to be able to price up AMS-DXB-MAN with J Savers. When did this change?

Looking on EF for a business saveer fare (O class) from AMS-DXB, the rules state


Originally Posted by EF
OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS
FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS
WITH EK FARES
-TO FORM SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAWS
A MAXIMUM OF TWO INTERNATIONAL FARE COMPONENTS
PERMITTED.
-TO FORM ROUND TRIPS
-TO FORM CIRCLE TRIPS WITH EK FARES
A MAXIMUM OF TWO INTERNATIONAL FARE COMPONENTS
PERMITTED.
PROVIDED -
COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY -FNL1/-SNL1/-PNL1/-RNL1
TYPE FARES WITH ANY RULE IN ANY PUBLIC TARIFF.

The NL1 restriction seems to be doing it; looking at historic fares in EF, that rule seems to have been there for a while; I class fares seem to be compatible with GB1 fares for open jaw

DYKWIA Jun 14, 19 1:29 am


Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 31201573)
Looking on EF for a business saveer fare from AMS-DXB, the rules state



The NL1 restriction seems to be doing it

Give me a clue :) What dies NL1 mean?

Dave Noble Jun 14, 19 1:45 am


Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31201574)
Give me a clue :) What dies NL1 mean?

The last characters of the fare basis - in NL they are NL1 , in UK they are GB1

skywardhunter Jun 14, 19 3:09 am


Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31201574)
Give me a clue :) What dies NL1 mean?

It basically says the fare is combinable with any other published fare to/from a station in the Netherlands, in any fare bucket. So you can go outbound J Saver and back Y Special, or F Flex Plus, or whatever. But it has to be back to NL(1).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:02 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.