FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Ticket Type after Upgrade (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1972708-ticket-type-after-upgrade.html)

Ryanardo_daVinci Jun 5, 19 1:08 am

Ticket Type after Upgrade

I have a Flex Plus Y return ticket MAN -> DXB in July.

Upgrading to J is currently absurdly cheap.

If I upgrade, does it become a Flex Plus J (which I can move the date without charge) or a Saver J?

I think I already know the answer but thought I would check.

Also, is there any way to check what the upgrade price might be if I moved it before upgrading it? The return is currently on Thursday and I want to move it to Friday, but not enough to loose out on the crazy cheap upgrade.

skywardhunter Jun 5, 19 1:27 am

If you pay cash to upgrade the ticket will be re-issued with the new fare's rules, which sounds like it will be J Saver. In terms of the upgrade cost if you moved to another date, as long as the same fare bucket is available (O for J Saver) and you meet the conditions of the fare the price will be the same. I'd suggest doing both together, since upgrading with cash doesn't incur a change fee (need to call, though), you may be able to get them to change the date for you without the fee as well.

Will08 Jun 6, 19 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci (Post 31172057)

If I upgrade, does it become a Flex Plus J (which I can move the date without charge) or a Saver J?

Also, is there any way to check what the upgrade price might be if I moved it before upgrading it? The return is currently on Thursday and I want to move it to Friday, but not enough to loose out on the crazy cheap upgrade.

How much is crazy cheap? It is a rarity to see cheap flights Man-DXB in J..

Ryanardo_daVinci Jun 6, 19 2:43 pm

824 incl taxes for both ways.

Will08 Jun 6, 19 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci (Post 31177432)
824 incl taxes for both ways.

That is a decent price seeing as the email upgrade offer is about 450 each way without the additional miles.

aceboy44 Jun 7, 19 2:44 pm

I just upgraded an Flex Plus Y to J (I'm now booked as in J Flex Plus) and strongly believe changing the date should be complimentary.

By the way, since when do you lose the chauffeur-drive service when you upgrade to J using miles? Seriously Emirates?

skywardhunter Jun 7, 19 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by aceboy44 (Post 31180887)

I just upgraded an Flex Plus Y to J (I'm now booked as in J Flex Plus) and strongly believe changing the date should be complimentary.

By the way, since when do you lose the chauffeur-drive service when you upgrade to J using miles? Seriously Emirates?

1st March. And with miles upgrades the original fare brand is retained, however this thread is about paid upgrades, where the new fare bucket's fare brand applies.

m3red Jun 9, 19 9:22 pm

what dates?

Ryanardo_daVinci Jun 9, 19 11:03 pm

My original itinerary was 15->18th July.

I changed to 15th->19th July and still got the very good price.

MAN -> DXB was cheaper than DXB -> MAN.

m3red Jun 9, 19 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci (Post 31187219)
My original itinerary was 15->18th July.

I changed to 15th->19th July and still got the very good price.

MAN -> DXB was cheaper than DXB -> MAN.

man Dxb is always much less - what was the price of the J saver?

Ryanardo_daVinci Jun 11, 19 6:24 am

My Flex Plus economy was ~1,050 the upgrade was 824

m3red Jun 11, 19 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci (Post 31191378)
My Flex Plus economy was ~1,050 the upgrade was 824

Maybe to a special!

Ryanardo_daVinci Jun 14, 19 12:54 am

I have CD and seat selection.

LonghornDXB Jun 16, 19 1:26 am

Had a Flex Ticket in Y, got the upgrade offer to J without lounge access etc.

Ended up with J Flex

Good thing is that if I bought the business Special fare, I would not be able to choose a seat till check in, but with the upgrade offer I got it (though all other conditions such as no lounge/chauffer are the same as Business Special)