FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   no seat to choose? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1971439-no-seat-choose.html)

purplevicki May 27, 2019 3:25 am

no seat to choose?

Hi all
I am flying DXB-CPT on Friday this week. I am flying Economy Flex PLus but just upgraded to Business on the way there.
There are no seats to choose in the cabin at all on the app?
My booking does say Business and I have the upgraded email to confirm.
I was flying next week, just changed my flight this morning - had to change the economy flight. I had called up to check the Business class seat was there and it was. I had to use some more miles to upgrade as my original upgrade cost just 27k and this was 36K but my husband transferred them to me.

So - do I have a seat? Are they going to upgrade someone else to First?
Will a seat open at OLCI maybe?

I don't mind as it is the seat I want, but I would of course rather not be in the middle three as I am pregnant and need to get up to use the toilet all the time!

Economy on the way back which is shame.......

kq747 May 27, 2019 5:40 am

If you called up to confirm you;re in Business why didn't you just ask the agent to assign a seat then?

thijsseh May 27, 2019 5:53 am

Originally Posted by purplevicki (Post 31142021)
Hi all
I am flying DXB-CPT on Friday this week. I am flying Economy Flex PLus but just upgraded to Business on the way there.
There are no seats to choose in the cabin at all on the app?
My booking does say Business and I have the upgraded email to confirm.
I was flying next week, just changed my flight this morning - had to change the economy flight. I had called up to check the Business class seat was there and it was. I had to use some more miles to upgrade as my original upgrade cost just 27k and this was 36K but my husband transferred them to me.

So - do I have a seat? Are they going to upgrade someone else to First?
Will a seat open at OLCI maybe?

I don't mind as it is the seat I want, but I would of course rather not be in the middle three as I am pregnant and need to get up to use the toilet all the time!

Economy on the way back which is shame.......

This is not unusual when the flight is quite full. They will still have rows 9 to 11 J/K available (unless they have been sold to SAA codeshare passengers, but it’s unlikely they would all be assigned that away). And then there is row 6, which is kept for bassinet users (and this also happens infrequently). They’ll assign you any of those seats automatically. But keep on checking the app very regularly from about 4 days out and it is not at all unlikely that you can choose one of these yourself. In your situation an aisle seat in row 6 would be ideal, I guess.
Good luck and enjoy!

purplevicki May 27, 2019 11:51 am

Thank you. I didn't do the upgrade on the changed booking over the phone as I had to wait until my husband transferred me 9k miles. So I was lucky and did it online afterwards.
I will keep checking as suggested and see if 9-11 open up or row 6.....
Fingers crossed!

donpizmeoff May 27, 2019 12:09 pm

Pick up the phone!? Explain your situation and they should sort you out.

purplevicki May 28, 2019 11:22 am

I spoke to Emirates but they just said the seating is closed for the flight and they can't do anything until the airport.
I assume they will upgrade someone and once they have done that I can have a seat!

skywardhunter May 28, 2019 11:25 am

Originally Posted by purplevicki (Post 31146285)
I spoke to Emirates but they just said the seating is closed for the flight and they can't do anything until the airport.
I assume they will upgrade someone and once they have done that I can have a seat!

No, the blocked seats will be released