Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

DXB Southern Runway Restoration Project 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB Southern Runway Restoration Project 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
The "runway restoration project" has not happened nor was going to happen. It is concocted news to disguise the fact that hard economic times have reduced load factors. Ramadan of course means even less pax. I've used DXB 12 times since the start of the so called RRP, and have seen no works, I have seen however a lot less pax arriving, departing, and transmitting than usual during quiet Ramadan. Any photos have been taken of equipment to support the so called news. In confidence those in the know working at DXB will confirm this.
It's widely discussed topic in Dubai.
At DWC there's a growing museum of parked EK frames.
You've previously asked this, and skywardhunter posted some photos he'd taken.

Also, 4 people were killed in a plane crash that was testing out the new ILS... Was that all made up too? Maybe you should contact their families and tell them they are actually still alive.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31130062-post6.html

Last edited by DYKWIA; Jun 2, 2019 at 3:38 am
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
The "runway restoration project" has not happened nor was going to happen. It is concocted news to disguise the fact that hard economic times have reduced load factors. Ramadan of course means even less pax. I've used DXB 12 times since the start of the so called RRP, and have seen no works, I have seen however a lot less pax arriving, departing, and transmitting than usual during quiet Ramadan. Any photos have been taken of equipment to support the so called news. In confidence those in the know working at DXB will confirm this.
It's widely discussed topic in Dubai.
At DWC there's a growing museum of parked EK frames.
The people in these photos are actually at a "runway rave" dancing to some crazy EDM that goes to the sound of the passing aircraft

Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Also, 4 people were killed in a plane crash that was testing out the new ILS... Was that all made up too? Maybe you should contact their families and tell them they are actually still alive.

Yes I saw the pics from skywardhunter. Great that some pics were taken. However they show parked vehicles from what I can see.
Runway was closed yes, my point is that there was no real maintenance happening, it was just a ruse to substantiate less traffic.
As to aircraft crash, I don't doubt that, but that doesn't disprove my point. Airport employee aquaintences were the first to draw my attention to the runway works not happening,then based on my own observations I realized what the truth was.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:17 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yes I saw the pics from skywardhunter. Great that some pics were taken. However they show parked vehicles from what I can see.
Runway was closed yes, my point is that there was no real maintenance happening, it was just a ruse to substantiate less traffic.
As to aircraft crash, I don't doubt that, but that doesn't disprove my point. Airport employee aquaintences were the first to draw my attention to the runway works not happening,then based on my own observations I realized what the truth was.
Strange that it's not been reported elsewhere. Pprune would be full of it.

But, if your airport employee mate says it's true...
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Isn't that just because there were reductions in flights?
That's certainly the reason I stayed away. I always travel April/May, but decided I would spend more time at home and avoid it all!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:25 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Those 4 persons who died, including a Honeywell employee were testing and certifying the South runways after the construction.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Those 4 persons who died, including a Honeywell employee were testing and certifying the South runways after the construction.
There was no construction, though....
DYKWIA and BadoRas like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There was no construction, though....
There was an awful lot of re-tarmacing, re-lighting and re-marking done though.........
DYKWIA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.