Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Row 6 in Biz on the 777

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Question Row 6 in Biz on the 777

I travel frequently on the 777 in Biz, yet never seem to be able to snag a seat in the first row of the smaller biz cabin, row 6. All the seats always show as occupied. I like the bulkhead has it has a bit more room for tall passengers like me. Anyone ever able to snag these seats?
Old May 21, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Tanzguy
I travel frequently on the 777 in Biz, yet never seem to be able to snag a seat in the first row of the smaller biz cabin, row 6. All the seats always show as occupied. I like the bulkhead has it has a bit more room for tall passengers like me. Anyone ever able to snag these seats?
Yes, that row is typically blocked for pax flying with infants as the bulkhead has bassinet attachments. If you call in, they *may* seat you there with the caveat that you could get moved if they need it for a family later on. You will have greater luck closer to / at check-in time.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:17 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
They are indeed very nice seats, I find that you can get out of the window seat whilst your seat mate is sleeping without disturbing her / him, which is much more difficult from 7A / K (which are my favourite seats to book)
I have managed to get both 6A and 6K several times (even 6 J/K once when travelling with the Mrs). Sometimes the row opens up at OLCI and on one occasion even a few days earlier. Apart from calling in and hoping they'll assign a row 6 seat to you, I would suggest to look at the seat map on the EK app very regularly from about T-96 and pounce when / if you see anything opening up. They are of course bassinet seats (as extramilage also mentions), so you run the risk of being moved if a bassinet is required but in my experience 'bassinet people' generally do not book at the last moment so the chance of that happening is rather slim. I guess the airline also realises that and thus sometimes releases that row relatively early. YMMV though.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:02 am

I was put in 6J. I say 'put' as there was no seat selection on only that leg when booked. The 777 return leg has seat selection with all rows but 6 available.
From what's been said on here, I assume they allow seat selection (blocking 6) until the last 7 tickets are sold, then they block it out.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Got them!

Thanks all for you wisdom. 5 days before departure, Row 6 was open in both the outgoing and incoming flights. Snagged 6J on both. my 6'7" body is happy
thijsseh likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: Skywards
guys is row 8 any good?? (new 777 i presume going DXB to STN)
Old May 24, 2019, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redeternet7
guys is row 8 any good?? (new 777 i presume going DXB to STN)
Yes, I also like row 8. It's near the toilets, so can get busy, but, the bulkhead in this larger cabin also has, I think, a bit more room, especially on the new Biz seats
Old May 24, 2019, 9:43 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Yes, I also like row 8. It's near the toilets, so can get busy, but, the bulkhead in this larger cabin also has, I think, a bit more room, especially on the new Biz seats
I think row 8 is possibly the worst row in the J cabin. The proximity to the toilets far outweighs the bulkhead advantage. This is especially the case for 8B and 8J which sit halfway in the aisle. Everyone going to the toilets walks into it. Maybe 8A or 8K are allright, but I personally would not chance it. This is for old style 77W but I doubt the situation on the new J is much different.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Skywards
Is row 10D any good?

Asking because i am thinking of changing my seat away from row 8 now. I have a group of two who are sitting in row 9F and 9G but they are a couple and I would like to sit alone. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I think row 8 is possibly the worst row in the J cabin. The proximity to the toilets far outweighs the bulkhead advantage. This is especially the case for 8B and 8J which sit halfway in the aisle. Everyone going to the toilets walks into it. Maybe 8A or 8K are allright, but I personally would not chance it. This is for old style 77W but I doubt the situation on the new J is much different.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:28 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by redeternet7
Is row 10D any good?

Asking because i am thinking of changing my seat away from row 8 now. I have a group of two who are sitting in row 9F and 9G but they are a couple and I would like to sit alone. Any suggestions?

10D is fine in my opinion. Aisle seat so good access. Hold thumbs that 10 E/F are a couple and you wont be disturbed by 10E wanting to climb over you. By the way, there are no 'G' seats in J on a 77W. It's AB DEF JK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.