Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Platinum “exclusive invitation to enjoy new privileges”

Old May 21, 19, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), EK Plat, TG*G

I haven’t seen this discussed (but apologies if I messed up my search) and I hadn’t noticed this until I got an email. Has the possibility to attain additional benefits, based on spend, on top of the standard Platinum ones been always around or is it something new?

In short, I see that yearly spend thresholds give access to the following perks:
- Reaching USD 50,000 annual spend: possibility to roll over any tier miles above 150k to the next membership year.
- Another USD 25,000 spend: two upgrades using Skywards miles from business to first at half the normal miles rate.
- Another USD 35,000 spend: two free upgrades from business to first.

The blurb on the (very comprehensive) FAQ seems to indicate that the program is available from 1 May 2019, hence why I thought I’d post it here in case it’s something new. It also indicates that existing Platinum members will have access to it starting from the beginning of their next membership year.

I don’t find the tier miles rollover particularly useful, but the two complimentary upgrades are a nice touch (albeit requiring USD 110,000 spend on the airline).

Copy-pasting from the relevant page:

Exclusive Platinum privileges
Now you have even more reason to enjoy your Platinum tier status. Exclusive new privileges await you, from Tier Miles Rollover to discounted and complimentary cabin upgrades. The more you fly with us, the closer you get to activating these exciting benefits. Simply achieve the target spends on Emirates flights and enjoy a new privilege as you go.

Tier Miles Rollover
Achieve the target spend [of USD 50,000] on Emirates flights to activate this benefit and make keeping your Platinum status even easier. With this benefit, any Tier Miles that you earn over 150,000 will be carried forward, so you start your next tier cycle with a little extra.

Discounter Upgrades
Spend USD 25,000 on future flights and get two upgrades from Business Class to First Class for only half the Skywards Miles usually required. So keep flying with us to achieve your target spend and activate this benefit.

Complimentary Upgrades
Spend USD 35,000 on future flights to get two complimentary upgrades from Business Class to First Class. So keep flying with us to achieve your target spend and activate this benefit.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 21, 19, 4:10 am

Programs: SA KL BA EK
From what you have copy/pasted it is not entirely obvious that the three amounts are additive (and that you therefore require $110000 spend to get the free upgrades). It may of course be in the ever present 'items and conditions'.
Old May 21, 19, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), EK Plat, TG*G
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
From what you have copy/pasted it is not entirely obvious that the three amounts are additive (and that you therefore require $110000 spend to get the free upgrades). It may of course be in the ever present 'items and conditions'.
Yes, very clear in the FAQ (sorry I am on mobile and can’t find an efficient way to copy all that).
Tanzguy likes this.

Search this Thread