EK/FZ triple miles offer (12-26 May 2019)

Old May 15, 19, 5:13 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Posts: 2,762
Smile EK/FZ triple miles offer (12-26 May 2019)

I've got a new offer showing on my Skywards account offering triple miles for F/J bookings as per below:

Now is the best time to experience true luxury with us. Register and book your Emirates or flydubai Business Class and First Class flights by 26 May and earn triple Miles.

Choose from over 200 destinations across our combined networks and boost your Miles to get closer to that reward you’ve been eyeing.

More Miles mean you get to enjoy flight rewards as well as special privileges with our global partners sooner. So register now to boost your Miles.

Offer Validity

Booking period: 12 – 26 May 2019

Travel period: 20 June – 5 September 2019

Terms and conditions
  1. The Emirates Skywards ‘First and Business Triple Skywards Miles Offer May 2019’ promotion is open to all Emirates Skywards members who:a) are existing members, or who enrol as a new member by 11.59pm on 26 May 2019 (Dubai time).

    b) have registered for the promotion by 11.59pm on 26 May 2019 (Dubai time) either via email link, via emirates.com, via flydubai.com, or through an Emirates Contact Centre. Skysurfers can register only with consent from their Parent/Guardian, who must register via the Emirates Contact Centre.

    c) have booked and completed issuance of an Eligible Ticket and Eligible Fare (return or one way) between 00.01am on 12 May 2019 and 11.59pm on 26 May 2019 (Dubai time), as per the 'Date of Issue' on the ticket receipt. Tickets may be purchased via emirates.com; flydubai.com or through a travel agent.

    d) have completed their journey on Eligible Flights between 00.01am on 20 June 2019 and 11.59pm on 5 September 2019 (Dubai time).
  2. A member who, at the discretion of Emirates Skywards, satisfies the conditions set out in Clause 1 will be awarded bonus Skywards Miles in addition to the Skywards Miles normally earned in respect of the flight.a). The bonus multiple is calculated on the base Skywards Miles earned, excluding any cabin class bonuses and/or tier status bonuses. As per Emirates Skywards Programme Rules, base Miles are defined as the Miles a member earns per Eligible Fare in Economy Class from one Emirates Skywards zone to another.

    b). The bonus applicable for this promotion is 200% additional base Skywards Miles in the eligible cabin class on eligible fare and eligible flights only.

    c). The bonus applies as per the original ticketed class, excluding any subsequent reward or complimentary upgrades, or other changes.
  3. Eligible Fares: (a). An Eligible Fare on Emirates is defined as: "Saver", "Flex" or "Flex Plus" in either Business or First Class ("Special" fare brand is not eligible for this bonus). (b). An Eligible Fare on flydubai is defined as: "Business" in Business Class.
  4. An Eligible Flight is defined as:a) an Emirates marketed flight with EK designator; operated by Emirates or flydubai.

    b) a flydubai marketed flight with FZ designator; operated by flydubai or Emirates.

    c) All other codeshare and interline flights are excluded from this offer.
  5. Tickets purchased using Cash+Miles form of payment are not eligible for this bonus Miles offer.
  6. The Emirates Skywards member will be notified of the mileage credit in their membership statements or they can view their mileage online at emirates.com.
  7. Any tickets ineligible for normal Skywards Miles accrual are also excluded from earning bonus Miles. These are detailed in the Emirates Skywards Programme Rules.
  8. All other Emirates Skywards Programme Rules apply
lost_in_translation is offline  
Old May 21, 19, 5:46 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: DXB
Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Posts: 1,043
Shower thought of the day: I find some of these promotions quite odd. A 14 day booking window is pretty tight for F/J.

How much true incremental demand can this create? Sure, if you were planning a F/J trip, you may be induced to pull the trigger now rather than later, but this is a short term timing gain only and it's not like EK has quarterly public market guidance that it needs to hit.

Or perhaps they just want to fill the marketing calendar with some quasi-promotions to make some noise while expecting a in immaterial take up rate.
extramileage is offline  
Old May 21, 19, 7:34 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,444
Originally Posted by extramileage View Post
Shower thought of the day: I find some of these promotions quite odd. A 14 day booking window is pretty tight for F/J.

How much true incremental demand can this create? Sure, if you were planning a F/J trip, you may be induced to pull the trigger now rather than later, but this is a short term timing gain only and it's not like EK has quarterly public market guidance that it needs to hit.

Or perhaps they just want to fill the marketing calendar with some quasi-promotions to make some noise while expecting a in immaterial take up rate.
That was exactly what I thought when I first read the email.
thijsseh is offline  
Old May 21, 19, 6:00 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 57
Hi, does anyone know if I have to complete my whole trip by 5 September 2019 to be eligible for this offer? In my case only my first segment will be completed by the 5th September. Return flight would be on 12th September. I assume I would only get triple miles then for my flights completed before the 5th, right?
Coffee drinker is offline  
Old May 29, 19, 2:00 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dubai
Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Posts: 101
Originally Posted by Coffee drinker View Post
Hi, does anyone know if I have to complete my whole trip by 5 September 2019 to be eligible for this offer? In my case only my first segment will be completed by the 5th September. Return flight would be on 12th September. I assume I would only get triple miles then for my flights completed before the 5th, right?

The miles will be credited only after the entire trip is over so unfortunately since you won't finish the journey within the time window I doubt they will credit the miles for first sector(s) that are in the eligible period..
Do contact them via the phone (don't bother using online chat), to me they have told me that all flights have to be in the promotion period and also be aware that any ticket change post 26May will trigger a ticket to be re-issued with a new date which will void all journey triple miles enrollment ...
Bubus78 is offline  
Old May 29, 19, 4:26 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 464
I have a trip coming up that's sees outbound before the start of the offer period and return within the dates. Remains to be seen if it will be credited, but the return leg has the bonus miles against it in the points overview for the booking. YMMV.
Dirty_Idea is offline  
Old May 29, 19, 6:28 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Bubus78 View Post
The miles will be credited only after the entire trip is over so unfortunately since you won't finish the journey within the time window I doubt they will credit the miles for first sector(s) that are in the eligible period..
Do contact them via the phone (don't bother using online chat), to me they have told me that all flights have to be in the promotion period and also be aware that any ticket change post 26May will trigger a ticket to be re-issued with a new date which will void all journey triple miles enrollment ...
Thanks. I went ahead with the booking and asked over the phone. Emirates told me that my outbound flight should receive the tripple mile offer. It also shows up on my miles breakdowns for the flight.
Bubus78 likes this.
Coffee drinker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread