FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Seat selection unavailable on one leg (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1969084-seat-selection-unavailable-one-leg.html)

MAN_DXB_xxx May 10, 2019 7:58 am

Seat selection unavailable on one leg

Frequent-ish flyer with Emirates but i've got something i've never seen before.
I've booked Business Flex Plus via DXB but the 2nd leg of the outbound doesn't have seat selection available, they're all greyed out. Coming back is available as normal, same route and plane.
Does anyone know whey this is? F upgrade potentially? I did sign up for the automatic upgrade as well.

Cheers!

DYKWIA May 10, 2019 10:08 am

Originally Posted by MAN_DXB_xxx (Post 31086710)
Frequent-ish flyer with Emirates but i've got something i've never seen before.
I've booked Business Flex Plus via DXB but the 2nd leg of the outbound doesn't have seat selection available, they're all greyed out. Coming back is available as normal, same route and plane.
Does anyone know whey this is? F upgrade potentially? I did sign up for the automatic upgrade as well.

Cheers!

Post the date. Somebody will check the loads for you.

It maybe that they are considering switching from 3 class to 2 class, so fewer J seats available.

MAN_DXB_xxx May 10, 2019 10:47 am

564 on the 19th May

Beltway2A May 10, 2019 10:57 am

Originally Posted by MAN_DXB_xxx (Post 31087339)
564 on the 19th May

F4 A3 J0 C0 I0 O0 P0 Y2 E0 R0 W0 M0 B0 U0 K0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

The J cabin has row 6 blocked, but is otherwise full. F has 2/8 seats filled.

MAN_DXB_xxx May 10, 2019 11:45 am

That's awesome, thanks!
​​​​​​Any idea why a row is blocked out making all seat selection unavailable? Why not just 'fill' that row so it can't be moved to?

skywardhunter May 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by MAN_DXB_xxx (Post 31087564)
That's awesome, thanks!
​​​​​​Any idea why a row is blocked out making all seat selection unavailable? Why not just 'fill' that row so it can't be moved to?

Its reserved for passengers with infants requiring a bassinet, it becomes available at airport check in

MAN_DXB_xxx May 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 31087934)
Its reserved for passengers with infants requiring a bassinet, it becomes available at airport check in

That doesn't explain why the return leg is available.
I'm starting to think it's becasue I've booked the last ticket.

skywardhunter May 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by MAN_DXB_xxx (Post 31088003)
That doesn't explain why the return leg is available.
I'm starting to think it's becasue I've booked the last ticket.

Row 6 is available on the return? That would be unusual

MAN_DXB_xxx May 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 31088123)
Row 6 is available on the return? That would be unusual

Seat selection is available but there's nothing free on row 6 (or row 8 bulkhead).
That's why I'm now thinking the rest are full and I got one of the 7 tickets on row 6. The flight did become available again after a day of being fully booked.
​​