Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates announces code-share agreement with Spicejet

Old Apr 22, 19, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex

This is good news, considering Spicejet has connectivity to some really remote destinations in India. No mention in the press release about earning Skywards miles on Spicejet operated flights though.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-to-expand-reach-in-india-with-spicejet-codeshare-partnership
Old Apr 22, 19, 3:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Interesting, Indigo (6E), Spicejet's main competitor, recently started codesharing with TK which I thought was interesting. I travel a lot domestically in India and usually on 6E, but this could swing it if there are some miles to be earned. I do travel with SG when it's more convenient or cheaper, between them and 6E I don't have much of a preference but this might change it.
Old Apr 22, 19, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
6E does have a great network and operationally, they are a lot superior than SG. But SG have started flying some really unconventional routes which are opening up new destinations as well. And now that SG has taken most of 9W's leased planes which were repossessed by the lessors, they should start flying some major trunk routes too. All in all, great move by EK to partner up with SG.

Search this Thread