Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Possible new Premium Economy Seat revealed?

Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

Blog post by OMAAT shows images of this seat by a manufacturer which has stated that this would be released as a Premium Y seat with an undisclosed middle eastern airline in 2020, EK is the only of the ME3 that has indicated interest in introducing PY, and in fact has indicated that this would be in 2020, so these could be the PY seats we see on EK in the future. If they are I think it's a very nice looking product, a step up from PY on other airlines, for sure.

Questions that arise with PY, though: How will it affect price differences between Y and J, will we still be able to upgrade Y to J (initial introduction on A380, so many aircraft (old A380s and all 77Ws) will not have PY, so on routes without PY can we upgrade direct to J, but on routes with PY only Y to PY or PY to J? How will mileage earning look and op-up probability?

I was never pro-PY but recently have come to realise for my travel patterns it might be the best product, as I fly mostly Y, around 40-50 EK flights a year, I'm flexible enough on price that I stick to EK almost exclusively and would pay a fair premium for PY, but I don't quite want to spend the money on J. Also with the fewer miles earned in Y a lower upgrade cost to PY may be attractive, or lower upgrade cost from PY to J if the cash premium for PY isn't too bad
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Article in the Daily Mail about this as well: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...0KS_1lsvWgBsuY

I'm sure it's largely taken from OMAAT.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
During today’s Arabian Travel Market in Dubai, Emirates president Tim Clark shared some more details about premium economy. Clark confirmed that Emirates will be installing premium economy on newly delivered A380s and 777s in 2020.

https://onemileatatime.com/emirates-premium-economy/
Old May 2, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by daisymay2
During today’s Arabian Travel Market in Dubai, Emirates president Tim Clark shared some more details about premium economy. Clark confirmed that Emirates will be installing premium economy on newly delivered A380s and 777s in 2020.

https://onemileatatime.com/emirates-premium-economy/
does anyone know when in 2020?
since we can technically prebook tickets as far as march 2020 right now..
Old May 2, 2019, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by redeternet7

does anyone know when in 2020?
since we can technically prebook tickets as far as march 2020 right now..
No, but they have 250 aircraft now, the one or two extra ones next year with PE could be flying anywhere, I don't think we'll see them selling seats until much closer and perhaps not even until a few planes are delivered. I also expect them to be restricted to very specific routes initially

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.