Emirates website unusable

Old Mar 27, 19, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Emirates website unusable

Hi,
For ages (like months) now, whenever I visit the Emirates website (and regardless of which browser I use on my Mac, or whether I try from my iPhone) it doesn't load properly and is just a plain text list.
Has anyone else had that issue? I find it hard to believe that if this is a general issue, that Emirates would just leave it like that? Could it be specific to Macs?
Any pointers would be appreciated, as I can't do anything with the website. I've tried using google chrome as well as safari.
Thanks!!
Old Mar 27, 19, 4:51 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mike2009 View Post
Hi,
For ages (like months) now, whenever I visit the Emirates website (and regardless of which browser I use on my Mac, or whether I try from my iPhone) it doesn't load properly and is just a plain text list.
Has anyone else had that issue? I find it hard to believe that if this is a general issue, that Emirates would just leave it like that? Could it be specific to Macs?
Any pointers would be appreciated, as I can't do anything with the website. I've tried using google chrome as well as safari.
Thanks!!
Nope - I use a Mac and it's fine for me.

It sounds like a proxy issue of some sort. Have you tried on another network?

Where are you based?
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Try a vpn
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for those helpful pointers.
I've tried enabling/disabling wifi on my phone, and when it is going through cellular (4G) the website is fine, and it's only when going through my wifi and broadband that I get the issues.
Thanks, I will now try and hunt down what the settings at fault might be.
But the odd thing is that it is only Emirates website that's affected by this. So it looks to me like it is configured in an unusual way.
Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It could be a DNS issue. Try setting the DNS on your router to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) and try it again.
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
DNS or caching or proxy interference. Nothing unusual about how the EK website is configured, it probably just got jumbled up at one point and has never come right
Old Mar 29, 19, 1:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Things I’d look at:

1. How fast is your internet connection? Run a speed test.

2. Clear your browser cache.

3. Force a hard reload of the page using Cmd + R keys.

4. Do you have a proxy configured?

5. Are you able to try another ISP temporarily?

6. Do you have any security software on your Mac that is blocking some content?
Old Apr 4, 19, 3:25 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
I have had this happen a couple of times using Safari, but now only log on with Chrome, and the problem vanished.

Search this Thread