Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 4 times Skywards Miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Cant see the T&Cs for this.

Is it order of flights for double triple or order of booking dates?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyzlhr
Cant see the T&Cs for this.

Is it order of flights for double triple or order of booking dates?
The OP has a link to the page with the full text, but section 6b says:

The Skywards Miles bonuses applicable for this promotion are: 100% bonus on the first Eligible Ticket, entailing the first journey undertaken during the promotion period; 200% bonus on the second Eligible Ticket, entailing the second journey undertaken during the promotion period; 300% bonus on the third Eligible Ticket, entailing the third journey undertaken during the promotion travel period.
This reads to me as order of flights.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Would registering on Emirates website and 3rd party booking (non EK website) work for this promo?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by stiwi
Would registering on Emirates website and 3rd party booking (non EK website) work for this promo?
Generally, yes as long as it's a public fare (non-bulk/-consolidator). I book through my banks loyalty and lifestyle scheme as I get discounts and can pay with points and have always earned on these types of promos.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stiwi
Did you look at the offer?

1c in the terms says The 'Emirates Skywards Bonus Offer March 2019 ' is open to all Emirates Skywards members who:

have booked and completed issuance of an Eligible Ticket and Eligible Fare (return or one way) between 00.01am on 20 March 2019 and 11.59pm on 31 March 2019, as per the 'Date of Issue' on the ticket receipt. Tickets may be purchased via emirates.com; flydubai.com or through a travel agent.
My bolding, so as long as it's eligible, Travel Agent tickets are fine.
stiwi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: Skywards
If i book flex plus tickets and change the travel dates down the line (to travel within the offer period, would this qualify?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It's on the base miles. This is clearly stated in the T&Cs and has been this way with all such offers.
Let me asure you: for a very long time it has not been this way...which was confirmed to me by a very experienced skywards agent last year. And even now the T&C do NOT define base miles, which i thought were C miles without any status miles. So nothing is clear with these offers IMHO and they are not attractive at all as you pay for a C ticket and get the double just on the cheapest eco promo or saver fare available - given how litle miles you get on these fares doubling miles is just nothing. In comparison: when Qatar Airways promotes double in business class you do get double business class miles..just happened to me last week. This i call transparent and fair.

Last edited by homer3152; Apr 2, 2019 at 4:40 am Reason: These promos are not attractive at all
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by homer3152
Let me asure you: for a very long time it has not been this way...which was confirmed to me by a very experienced skywards agent last year. And even now the T&C do NOT define base miles, which i thought were C miles without any status miles. So nothing is clear with these offers IMHO and they are not attractive at all as you pay for a C ticket and get the double just on the cheapest eco promo or saver fare available - given how litle miles you get on these fares doubling miles is just nothing. In comparison: when Qatar Airways promotes double in business class you do get double business class miles..just happened to me last week. This i call transparent and fair.
In Y they're great value, but yes QRPC is generally the more transparent and fair FFP, oh wait, April Fools' was yesterday..
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Hehe..sure you enjoy this little ironic QRPC bashing so popular on this site But what the subject comes down to..and here your remark helps to clarify: double or triple points promotions of EK are totally useless when you book higher value tickets like business class. Yet, when you buy their cheapest fares, where you get basically (almost) nothing in terms of miles, then you truely get double or triple times (almost) nothing on EK promotions. No idea how often you would have to fly around the world to get enough (almost) nothing miles on these promotions to collect enough (almost) nothing for an upgrade..but whether this constitutes "great value" everybody has to decide for her/him self
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone received any miles from this offer yet? I flew a qualifying outbound last week and only regular points posted, so wondering if the bonus ones will arrive when I complete the return or if I need to contact EK.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Has anyone received any miles from this offer yet? I flew a qualifying outbound last week and only regular points posted, so wondering if the bonus ones will arrive when I complete the return or if I need to contact EK.
Should post immediate (maybe a day or two late at most)
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Oh dear.

For anyone that has claimed missing miles using the website form, once you've entered the ticket number, PNR, passenger name and hit submit, do you get a chance to enter any explanatory text? I expect not as "submit" seems quite final but I don't want to use the form if I can't explain it's bonus miles rather than regular miles I'm looking for.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Oh dear.

For anyone that has claimed missing miles using the website form, once you've entered the ticket number, PNR, passenger name and hit submit, do you get a chance to enter any explanatory text? I expect not as "submit" seems quite final but I don't want to use the form if I can't explain it's bonus miles rather than regular miles I'm looking for.
I'd send a DM on Twitter. Did that for double miles promo in Feb and they sorted it. Took a week
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Use the online Chat- works great and gets resolved while on the Chat.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
These are now showing in the app, but in order booked, not in date order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.