A380s fitted with the “new” bar?

Old Mar 10, 19, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

A380s fitted with the “new” bar?

is there an easy way to find out which EK A380s are fitted with the new bar for J/F passengers? Am I likely to find it on EK001 DXB - LHR?
Old Mar 10, 19, 4:45 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I think your similar thread was answered on Tripadvisor.
Most of the recent updated bar deliveries are 2 class and as such will not be used on 001/2 as they are 3 class-but the experts here may have conflicting advice.
SS
Old Mar 10, 19, 4:47 pm
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by AdelaideArchitect View Post
is there an easy way to find out which EK A380s are fitted with the new bar for J/F passengers? Am I likely to find it on EK001 DXB - LHR?
There are 6-8 or so I believe, mostly A6-EU* series. The assignment to routes varies, and quite a few are two-class so would not be used at all to LHR. Statistically you're unlikely to find the new bar on EK001.
Old Mar 10, 19, 11:39 pm

Programs: SA KL BA EK
In the last two months I have been on A6-EUW twice, to as well as from LGW. This is a 3 class frame with the new bar (the newest A380 frame actually, started service in December).
But most new frames are 2 class so don’t appear on the LHR route. Therefore, although not impossible, I think chances are small.
By the way, I would not go out of my way for that new lounge / bar, part of it resembles a railway carriage, certainly not an improvement. I found the WiFi to be much better than on the older 380’s, similar to what I usually get on the 77W. Normally the WiFi on the 380 ‘sucks’.
Old Mar 11, 19, 12:06 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
In the last two months I have been on A6-EUW twice, to as well as from LGW. This is a 3 class frame with the new bar (the newest A380 frame actually, started service in December).
But most new frames are 2 class so don’t appear on the LHR route. Therefore, although not impossible, I think chances are small.
By the way, I would not go out of my way for that new lounge / bar, part of it resembles a railway carriage, certainly not an improvement. I found the WiFi to be much better than on the older 380’s, similar to what I usually get on the 77W. Normally the WiFi on the 380 ‘sucks’.

I agree it is certainly not worth hunting down but I quite like the addition of the table - an empty wine glass sat on the table seems to get filled up without you having to move, however, an empty glass in your hand means you have to get up and walk the the whole 3 metres back to the bar!
Old Mar 11, 19, 2:05 am

A6-EUV or EUX onwards have the new bar so about 10 now. There's a bit of hesitation about which was the first as one was reported but then deliveries got out of sync which confused things I believe.

Search this Thread