Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spending Miles, but not on travel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: emirates
30k skywards miles expiring in a month; no more HighStreet; options?

I have a little over 30k emirates skywards miles expiring next month. I do not want to redeem for travel. Prefer to redeem for merchandise or gift cards. Looks like HighStreet was shut down recently. I don't see an alternate option to redeem for merchandise/gift cards in emirates.com. Anyone know if merchandise redemption option will be available any time soon? I am USA based.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I noticed high street didn't seem up to much the other day when I was looking to deplete my account. There was nothing I wanted there and one has to pay postage and I wasn't prepared to pay postage for something I did not want. So I blew 17000 skywards miles on an acceptable bottle of red in Dubai Duty-free.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:38 pm

Spending Miles, but not on travel

A while back I used Emirates a few times and earned 70,000 miles. I didn't use these just in case I needed them for a trip / upgrade for Mrs M to accompany me on a business trip. It hasn't worked out that way and now these are due to expire shortly. So I don't have a use for travel related redemption such as flights / hotels / cars / etc.

I'm sure there used to be a way of spending miles on "general goods" but I can't find it now. Has this been removed or am I just not looking in the right place?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Emirates High Street closed down completely recently
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Emirates High Street closed down completely recently
That's annoying, looking on the upside I think I saw a link to donate to charity so at least someone will benefit.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by JohnM5
That's annoying, looking on the upside I think I saw a link to donate to charity so at least someone will benefit.
You can use them on EasyJet or JetBlue too if you that's of help
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:46 am

There are occasionally sporting events and concerts you can use them on as well as activities like desert safaris, although the latter are mainly in Dubai.

If you pass through DXB on another airline you can also spend them on duty free. I gave up with Skywards and spent my last Skywards miles on booze to fully deplete my account.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:31 am

Lightbulb Emirates skywards miles expiring

I have just 11,000 miles with Emirates skywards and was wondering the best thing to do with them as they are expiring at the end of the month. Can I transfer them to another partner airline. Or even transfer to my spouse who has an account, any ideas?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:53 am

You can transfer them to someone else's Skywards account. But a cost is involved.

You can also spend then at Dubai Duty Free if you are passing through there. The value proposition is pretty poor but 11,000 isn't much but can get you a lbit of discount on something.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You can't transfer them to other airlines, but you can use them to book Easyjet flights in Europe or JetBlue in the US.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:21 am

Hotels and car hire too. You'll find all the options on the website under Loyalty, Our Partners then tabs for the different categories like Airlines, Banks, Hotels etc

I think they're country or region specific so check your on your home version. Here is a link for the UK one.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...-partners.aspx
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Skywards
DXB duty free, or via rocketmiles and spend it on hotel bookings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.