Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

To the people that caused the bar to be closed on EK22 today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To the people that caused the bar to be closed on EK22 today

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I don't recall that specific incident. I'm sure it would have been reported in the local press.

I've been on a 7am EasyJet flight to Amsterdam where a fight broke out on final approach.
I think it is compulsory for some sort of incident on easyjet. I really do feel there is much more anger in the UK surfacing at the moment.
thijsseh, Yoshi212 and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I hope they were turned away at Dubai immigration and sent back, or if they had continuing flights then stopped from boarding.
nancypants, anniegray and jonzboy like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

I'm obviously an attraction for these types. I went out for dinner tonight, and there was another even worse group of Brits sitting near me. I ended up having to be moved when it looked like it wasn't going to end nicely between the 20 or so "lads" and the security that had been called.

I've been to this place loads of times and it's always been great. Indeed, it's back to normal now when the "lads" moved on.
​​​
Silver Fox and argonath like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaizen7

that must be an amazing feat!
Nothing is impossible when it comes to Scots and alcohol.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Apparently the MAN flights are renowned (so EK staff tell me) for having the "liveliest" bar.
SS
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: EK Silver...just
Madchester
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I was on EK18 on the same day and when I checked EF there were P class available on each flight that day, I cannot remember which but one was showing P7.... I wonder if there is a correlation between P availability and rowdiness at the bar..!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by Longton
I hope they were turned away at Dubai immigration and sent back, or if they had continuing flights then stopped from boarding.
Could not agree more - perhaps some time first though in local jail and hopefully banned from Emirates for good luck
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:21 am

Ever since the 2008 downturn, Dubai has switched it's focus and has been actively marketing itself as chav friendly destination. It fills the rooms in the ever growing hotels, keeps the ladies of the night busy, and the trendy massage parlours going as well.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Ever since the 2008 downturn, Dubai has switched it's focus and has been actively marketing itself as chav friendly destination. It fills the rooms in the ever growing hotels, keeps the ladies of the night busy, and the trendy massage parlours going as well.
Are you having a good time?
kennycrudup and BadoRas like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Are you having a good time?
Yes, thank you. And you ?
Silver Fox and RoyalSwazi like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Didn't you say on another thread you don't visit Dubai? So, how do you know this?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Does Emirates ban drunken ..... for life?

Last edited by Saltire74; Mar 8, 2019 at 11:24 pm Reason: Removal of derogatory term
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rumbataz
Does Emirates ban drunken ..... for life?
These guys weren't ..... ... On a work jolly paid by the boss. A couple of them had lots of points and they then upgraded some of them to F.

Last edited by Saltire74; Mar 8, 2019 at 11:25 pm Reason: Removal of derogatory term
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Didn't you say on another thread you don't visit Dubai? So, how do you know this?
I said I avoid it and I do avoid it whenever possible. But at times work & family commitments do take me there. It wasn't always like that - but has been for the past 10 years if not longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.