Triple Miles Offer

Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Triple Miles Offer

I noticed a "Triple Miles Offer" at the bottom of an EK email so clicked on it, logged in and it told me I was registered. Great, but no link to any Ts and Cs like "Book By" or"Travel Buy" or anything like that. I can't see the offer on the Special Offers page linked here either, and a dummy booking (ex UK) for random dates in May didn't show any additional earned miles. Can anyone shed any more light on the offer?

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...pecial-offers/
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:35 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Which email was this, was it targeted?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

It looked personalised in that it had my name and Skywards info, and the subject was "Bring on summer with special fares from GBP 309", so targeted at UK customers perhaps.

I've now found the Ts and Cs at the bottom which I never spotted before - must have been in a hurry. For those interested it's Triple Miles from any UK destination to Dubai, Male, Mauritius, Colombo, Brisbane, Perth, Bali, Phuket. Book by 8th March, travel by 7th December. Skywards Miles only, not Tier Miles.

Tried a dummy booking of EDI to HKT and they still don't show up during the booking process (I was logged in and registered). Please let me know if anyone else can see them.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
It looked personalised in that it had my name and Skywards info, and the subject was "Bring on summer with special fares from GBP 309", so targeted at UK customers perhaps.

I've now found the Ts and Cs at the bottom which I never spotted before - must have been in a hurry. For those interested it's Triple Miles from any UK destination to Dubai, Male, Mauritius, Colombo, Brisbane, Perth, Bali, Phuket. Book by 8th March, travel by 7th December. Skywards Miles only, not Tier Miles.

Tried a dummy booking of EDI to HKT and they still don't show up during the booking process (I was logged in and registered). Please let me know if anyone else can see them.
All the mail's are "personalised" in having your name and number. Look at the link on the button, does it have a unique identifier once opened (the button in the mail will have for tracking purposes but once opened on the EK site does the URL have a unique token in it?), That's a better way to check if the link itself is personalised
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I received it and I tried a dummy booking to Dubai from BHX in November-no change in price the only benefit would be the miles.
SS
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: Skywards
Ive got the same email but its showing ‘double miles’ in the t&c’s, see below:

Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Be aware that EK has oviously changed the rules for calculating the "triple" from the old days..kind of cheating, I think!

The offer applies to "base miles". In the old days base mile were calculated as the miles pertaining to your class of flying, minus any status benefits. This is what i assumed to continue when i tried kind of a status run from Germany last year with a double miles offer. Bad idea! Different from previously, the "base miles" were taken to be the cheapest economy saver miles. So in the overall calculation, it shows the eco saver miles (base miles) being multiplied by two plus a business class mark up (not being multiplied at all). So the overall gain of this promotion was very limited..and i gave up going for status again with EK.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
All the mail's are "personalised" in having your name and number. Look at the link on the button, does it have a unique identifier once opened (the button in the mail will have for tracking purposes but once opened on the EK site does the URL have a unique token in it?), That's a better way to check if the link itself is personalised
There seems to be a token, but it's impossible (for me) to tell if it was unique to me or to the email or what.

Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
I received it and I tried a dummy booking to Dubai from BHX in November-no change in price the only benefit would be the miles.
SS
Did it show the bonus miles during the booking? It wasn't for me earlier.

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Ive got the same email but its showing ‘double miles’ in the t&c’s, see below:
Where does it say double? I keep reading it but just can't see it.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by ft101

Where does it say double? I keep reading it but just can't see it.
Apologies, my bad. Seems as if the iPad browser didn't upload the 2nd screenshot.

Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:36 am
Original Poster

They must have fixed it by the time they got to me

Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:34 am

Would have taken part in even this double miles offer but sadly, after speaking with CS rep, Shanghai is not included in the promo
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
recieved this mail also (double miles) and it said i am already registered when i clicked the link

Ive got a LHR-DXB stopover DXB-KUL in business, in 2 weeks time, which fulfils all the criteria in T&Cs, but im wondering if they will see it as a booking to KUL rather than DXB and therefore exclude it from double miles promo
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
recieved this mail also (double miles) and it said i am already registered when i clicked the link

Ive got a LHR-DXB stopover DXB-KUL in business, in 2 weeks time, which fulfils all the criteria in T&Cs, but im wondering if they will see it as a booking to KUL rather than DXB and therefore exclude it from double miles promo
It is a booking to KUL, so it doesn't fulfil the criteria then

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.