Late Check In?

Old Feb 19, 19, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Late Check In?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering how many have you risked a late check in with the hope of being upgraded? I was considering upgrading at the counter and read being early has its advantages but being late or just about in time is likely to get you an upgarde. I guess keeping an eye on Expert Flyer on upgrades and load is a advantage? I am traveling LHR ISB for a family event, its a late 10pm flight from LHR and I think its unlikely the tactic will work on the outbound flight given LHR has a high premium load and generally loads are 92% where as my connecting flight I have 18 hours before I depart and was thinking not checking in for the flight and arriving late to the check in desk as I plan to leave the airport.
Old Feb 19, 19, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by suley View Post
Hi Guys,

I was wondering how many have you risked a late check in with the hope of being upgraded? I was considering upgrading at the counter and read being early has its advantages but being late or just about in time is likely to get you an upgarde. I guess keeping an eye on Expert Flyer on upgrades and load is a advantage? I am traveling LHR ISB for a family event, its a late 10pm flight from LHR and I think its unlikely the tactic will work on the outbound flight given LHR has a high premium load and generally loads are 92% where as my connecting flight I have 18 hours before I depart and was thinking not checking in for the flight and arriving late to the check in desk as I plan to leave the airport.
Makes absolutely no difference. EK has already assigned you a sequence number and done some kind of pseudo check-in, upgrades are based on ticket type and status, and whether one has checked in or not makes no difference.
Old Feb 19, 19, 6:19 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Plus once you check-in at LHR, you will be automatically checked-in for ISB as well even if you leave the airport on the layover.
Old Feb 20, 19, 10:48 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Originally Posted by suley View Post
Hi Guys,

If you do go for late check in, please don’t give a running commentary on here!! We have a certain contributor who likes to keep us Mods & Ambassadors on the edge of our seats at times with his ‘skin of the backside’ escapades when getting to airports for check-in and I don’t think we could take the pressure of the “will he/won’t he?”

S
thijsseh, Zol and skywardhunter like this.

Search this Thread