Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

HYD Interim International Departure Terminal (IIDT)

Old Feb 17, 19, 2:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

For those flying out of HYD, for the past 6 months or so all international departures have moved to a temporary terminal adjacent to the main terminal building and with a separate entrance/approach road.

The terminal is referred to as the Interim International Departure Terminal (IIDT) and was built in just six months to facilitate the expansion of the airport. The airside gate area as well as the entire arrivals process and area remain the same. I was confused about some of this and today is my first time using the IIDT as I've been flying EK Out of BOM the past 6 months.

So some key questions I had that have been gradually answered over the past few months and as a reference for others:

1. Where do arriving pax come out?
The same as before, the aircraft still docks at s regular jetbridge and one goes through the same immigration and arrivals area as before.

2. How far is the IIDT?
Directly adjacent but a different access road from the main airport approach road, it connects to the far corner of the main terminal on the ground level via a corridor from where there are escalators and lifts. The escalator comes out right next to the usual EK Gate, 34A/B. The walk is not far or long and it doesn't feel significantly removed from the main terminal.

3. Which lounge does EK use/is there a lounge?
I wasn't sure that the gate area was the same so didn't know it there'd be a lounge, however as it's the same airside area it's still the Plaza Premium lounge (food still sucks)

4. Is additional time required or does check-in close earlier?
No, I arrived at T-70 and had no problems

5. Other changes?
All checked bags must now be x-rayed before check-in and are then sealed with a tamper proof seal and wrapped in a single plastic strap (not full plastic wrap). Newer Multi-Tray area x-rays for regular security scanning

Overall very impressive and doesn't feel temporary or makeshift at all. It's a proper building with state of the art equipment and good signage.
Metanoia likes this.

Search this Thread