Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Changed our Flights [MAN-RGN]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards

Need some advice please. Also need to speak to someone in the UK Reservation dept (if some has a better / more direct number)

So we often travel from MAN to RGN (Yangon) via Dubai. There was a daily EK388 from DXB to RGN at 09.15. Our flight detail was as follows and we bought direct from Emirates Web

23 Oct: Man to DXB (EK 020, 21.15 – 07.25) then
24 Oct: DXB to RGN (EK 388, 09.15 – 17.25)

We had a 1 hour 50 Min layover. Done this a few times and no issues.

Now read an article that the daily EK388 is being reduced to 4 times a week. Logged into my Emirates Booking and can see they have now changed my reservation. They have put us on the EK388 on the 25 OCT and want me to “Accept the Changes”

Meaning we now have 26 hours Layover. Appreciate changes happen but this isn’t our fault at all

1. Do you think they would allow us to change the MAN to DXB leg too (It’s a special saver ticket)? So we only have the 2 hour layover?
2. If this stays as is, will they be putting us up in a hotel? I mean 26 hours in DXB
3. Will our hold luggage just stay at the airport?

I would expect the return journey to change too but have seen a notification yet

Sorry for the rant and thanks for reading. If anyone can offer any advice (maybe based on their knowledge or similar experience), that would be grand. I will be ringing Emirates UK this week

Last edited by Saltire74; Feb 17, 2019 at 6:49 am Reason: Route description in title
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by You5uf
Need some advice please. Also need to speak to someone in the UK Reservation dept (if some has a better / more direct number)

So we often travel from MAN to RGN (Yangon) via Dubai. There was a daily EK388 from DXB to RGN at 09.15. Our flight detail was as follows and we bought direct from Emirates Web

23 Oct: Man to DXB (EK 020, 21.15 – 07.25) then
24 Oct: DXB to RGN (EK 388, 09.15 – 17.25)

We had a 1 hour 50 Min layover. Done this a few times and no issues.

Now read an article that the daily EK388 is being reduced to 4 times a week. Logged into my Emirates Booking and can see they have now changed my reservation. They have put us on the EK388 on the 25 OCT and want me to “Accept the Changes”

Meaning we now have 26 hours Layover. Appreciate changes happen but this isn’t our fault at all

1. Do you think they would allow us to change the MAN to DXB leg too (It’s a special saver ticket)? So we only have the 2 hour layover?
2. If this stays as is, will they be putting us up in a hotel? I mean 26 hours in DXB
3. Will our hold luggage just stay at the airport?

I would expect the return journey to change too but have seen a notification yet

Sorry for the rant and thanks for reading. If anyone can offer any advice (maybe based on their knowledge or similar experience), that would be grand. I will be ringing Emirates UK this week
Best to call EK.

1) i dont see why not seen as its not your fault.
2) yes, anything above 8 hours, you are usually given a hotel.
3) yes, it will be checked in all the way to your end destination so you dont need to recheck anything in at Dubai.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I noticed this also.
What it means for me is that I will change my outgoing to catch the RGN flight
so
if you were to do the same then you need to ask to change your 23 Oct:
[Man to DXB (EK 020, 21.15 – 07.25)} to the 24th then your connection will be fine.
If you don't change then they will put you in a hotel overnight (you can ask for luggage to go only to DXB, or take overnight stuff in your hand luggage and ask for your hold luggage to be checked through to RGN)
Have you checked your return flight as that has changed as well-I am coming back via BKK 'cause of the awful timing
[url]https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/282949/emirates-yangon-phnom-penh-service-changes-from-june-2019/

Phone Emirates-I am pretty sure they will change your MAN date.
SS
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Many thanks both. I will ring them this week (0344 800 2777)

My Return hasnt changed it but it should as there are no flights that day.

I will try and change both outgoing flights so MAN to DXB on 22 OCT, then DXB to RGN on 23 OCT
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Yes, my return has changed too. I had a stopover in Dubai for 4 days. Now thats 3, meaning lost 1 nights hotel in Dubai
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:32 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Your options are simple:

1) Accept the change and have a free stopover in DXB for just over a day (EK will provide a hotel room and airport transfers). This is a good option if your time permits;
2) Ask them to move your MAN flight to the following day to avoid the long layover;
3) Ask for a refund of your ticket;

Baggage does not remain in transit if it is over 24 hours, so they will check it in to DXB and you need to re-checkin to RGN the following day.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I've lived in Myanmar since 2014.

Emirates has chopped and changed EK388/9 a few times since it was introduced, including retiming altogether once the tag on was changed to PNH from HAN.

I often fly from BHX and GLA and in the past haven't wanted to arrive/leave a day late or a day early. One workaround is to fly to BKK or SIN with EK with a tag on flight on PG (BKK-RGN) or JQ (SIN-RGN). You'd arrive 4-5 hours later than planned in RGN. Emirates have paid for these for me in the past. The silver lining is that DXB-BKK F upgrade availability is often very good.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lots@LHR
I've lived in Myanmar since 2014.

Emirates has chopped and changed EK388/9 a few times since it was introduced, including retiming altogether once the tag on was changed to PNH from HAN.

I often fly from BHX and GLA and in the past haven't wanted to arrive/leave a day late or a day early. One workaround is to fly to BKK or SIN with EK with a tag on flight on PG (BKK-RGN) or JQ (SIN-RGN). You'd arrive 4-5 hours later than planned in RGN. Emirates have paid for these for me in the past. The silver lining is that DXB-BKK F upgrade availability is often very good.
Except that there are barely any flights with F left to BKK. 1 or 2 (depends on the day) currently I think
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
A check on flights to RGN via BKK show that the code share links with PG and MAI are now available whereas earlier this year they were not bookable through EK.
SS
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Success. They changed the flights to my liking. No issues at all
Dambus, DYKWIA, serfty and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.