Search

Trip Review: EK028 & EK302

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Trip Review: EK028 & EK302

Quick one.

Flew EK028 (GLA-PVG) yesterday (in Y) and enjoyed it for the most part. Was a full load, never seen it this busy (not oversold - sadly).

EK028
  • Check-in was a breeze as always, was over limit on luggage so gutted had to take some items out but meh whatever!
  • I paid extra for priority security, a complete pillock of a J class passenger thought it was a clever idea to wave his boarding pass and skip the queue while the belts were being changed (due to the computer screen not working). He was firmly put in his place by the staff and a cheeky smily at him whilst his failed attempt to overtake me failed
  • Lounge at GLA never disappoints, food quality is very good. A valentines special on dessert, not sure quite what to make of it but i'll take it!
  • Thought I wouldn't get time for a shower due to it being pretty busy in the lounge but got lucky.
  • Got the personalised welcome message by the senior supervisor onboard, she asked if she could help - I kindly asked for a double bed and it got refused sadly. Not sure what they expect lol.
  • The aircraft was a newer type, loved the design of the newer cabins and toilets (loving the wider sinks).
  • Food was great, I still miss the old days of the square chocolates being served.
  • Cheeseboard dilemma did indeed happen (was left with cheese), I done what any sane person would do and that would be to ask for more and that was fulfilled.
  • I loved the new notification on the ICE screen, an hour before landing I knew what stand the plane would be docking at AND what my onward gate was.
  • In case you didn't read the above, EK028 landed at a B stand and not a remote stand in the middle of Sharjah!
  • B stand!
  • And lastly, landed around 25 minutes late due to the aircraft circling above Dubai. This is the one aspect I hate of traveling with EK as 2 hours in transit in Dubai is sadly not enough!

GLA lounge - decent food selection

New 777 toilet design

EK302
  • This was a 2 class A380 - I was on the upper deck. I had high expectations that I would be able to get 4 seats to myself in the back cabin but reality kicked in when I seen the following: https://media.giphy.com/media/AFgPXA...CsCC/giphy.gif
  • At boarding, it was a little awkward going up the stairs with my hand luggage and duty free bags as the steps were quite narrow (coupled with the person in front who had their bag on my face!)
  • I preferred the ICE screen on the 777 I flew on EK028
  • I would say the seating was also slightly better on the 777
  • I was surprised to find the cheese board on this sector, it's usually not served.
  • Breakfast was served in the dark - was told to put my light on if I could not see in the dark? Cabin lights were completely out.
  • And yes, before you ask, I did indeed ask for more cheese and crackers - the cabin crew put them in a nice bag along with some other treats.
  • Im not a big fan of meals on this sector, I gave the cod fish and rice a go and it wasn't that bad.
  • The emoji screen at the end, it would be nice to see a 'view results' for the entire flight to see what others have rated collectively.
  • Bags arrived on the business class belt - result!

Last edited by S c 0 TT y; Feb 17, 2019 at 10:16 am
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:44 pm

I've just got off EK28 from GLA. Food choices in the GLA lounge disappointed me. Two curries, and one of the onboard options was also a curry. Lounge staff tried to ensure I got the other option on board, and said they would feed back my comments!

Everything else OK and when I asked for some snacks on board I was given several packs of pretzels and also a couple of spare cheese servings.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I think this thread should evolve in to a 'how many portions of extra cheese and crackers can you get!'. We can find out the most cheese heavy route. When you first board - no champagne thanks just cheese, would you like some nuts after take off? Nah just some cheese please.. the opportunities could be endless!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I've just got off EK28 from GLA. Food choices in the GLA lounge disappointed me. Two curries, and one of the onboard options was also a curry. Lounge staff tried to ensure I got the other option on board, and said they would feed back my comments!
Well my comments made it somewhere - onto my profile perhaps? I flew back into EDI today in Y, and during the meal service the supervisor approached me and said he'd heard I had a bit of an issue with curry, and one of the choices was indeed a curry so he presented me with the beef meal. Just as well as I was with a mate and we'd chosen twin seats at the back of the B777 and they'd ran out of beef by the time they got back as far as us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.