777-300ER business class

Reply

Old Feb 14, 19, 4:23 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Posts: 1,203
777-300ER business class

Hi all
Iíve searched but not sure if Iím getting the right info ... on the 777-300ER, Iím trying to figure out if it is new business class (lie-flat) or old business class (angle-flat). Iíve looked at Flight Radar and checked the aircraft on the list and they seem to have the ICE digital widescreen - does this mean the seats are the newer seats too or what?
Thanks!
pineapple_09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 19, 5:58 pm
  #2  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,854
Only about 6 aircraft have the latest business class, the angle flat ones are pretty flat too though
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 19, 6:07 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Only about 6 aircraft have the latest business class, the angle flat ones are pretty flat too though
I think all aircraft from A6-EPV onwards have the lie-flat J class. Which is 21 in total I think. EQH-P have the new F and Y, along with a slightly different finish in J, but the same seats as EPV onwards.
773ER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 19, 6:28 pm
  #4  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,854
Originally Posted by 773ER View Post
I think all aircraft from A6-EPV onwards have the lie-flat J class. Which is 21 in total I think. EQH-P have the new F and Y, along with a slightly different finish in J, but the same seats as EPV onwards.
It's more than a different finish in J, it's quite an upgrade though the photos don't convey it. I understood OP's question as relating to those.
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 19, 7:33 pm
  #5  
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 12R/30L
Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,512
Originally Posted by pineapple_09 View Post
Hi all
Iíve searched but not sure if Iím getting the right info ... on the 777-300ER, Iím trying to figure out if it is new business class (lie-flat) or old business class (angle-flat). Iíve looked at Flight Radar and checked the aircraft on the list and they seem to have the ICE digital widescreen - does this mean the seats are the newer seats too or what?
Thanks!
There are only a handful of 77Ws with new J product, where and when are you going? Some more detail can help us identify the scheduled product on your route
Zol is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 19, 11:39 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Germany
Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold
Posts: 4
A couple of weeks ago I did Dubai-Frankfurt in the new business class in the 777-300ER. The seat was flat but I wasnīt able to find a good position to sleep. I am not tall at all, but the space in front of the seat where you introduce your feet when you lie to sleep was only half of the space because there was a support for all the papers (Catalogue, Safety instructions, etc). This was row 7;maybe it is different in others.

The updated screens are very nice.
Pacix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 12:47 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Posts: 1,203
Thanks everyone. The route is DUB > DXB > MLE.

Basically, itís a toss up between EK and QR. Total travel time is 2 hours shorter on EK than on QR on the return leg - outbound they are both the same. The return leg EK flight is also a morning departure from MLE (11am) whereas with QR, itís an 8pm departure from MLE.

Had my heart set on QR as I hear their product is better and also would have the opportunity to experience Q suites but they bumped up their prices yesterday by a few hundred each (in total) so just considering what other options are out there now before I make my decision.

Also, donít know if it makes it any easier with the decision but there are 3 of us so if going with EK, we would pick the 3 in the middle. If going with QR, we would pick 1 window, 2 in the middle or if we get lucky and get a Qsuites aircraft, weíll be able to pick 3 in the middle - the privacy screen can be brought up so that the person in the 4th q suite seat will have privacy.

help! And thanks
pineapple_09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 12:54 am
  #8  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,109
Originally Posted by pineapple_09 View Post
Thanks everyone. The route is DUB > DXB > MLE.
The QR long haul aircraft would be better. However, don't they use an A320 on the MLE flight?
DYKWIA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 12:59 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Posts: 1,203
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
The QR long haul aircraft would be better. However, don't they use an A320 on the MLE flight?
I think youíre thinking of Etihad (which ruled them out for me when I saw the A320!)

QR have a 787 DUB > DOH and an A350 DOH > MLE.

EK is a 777-300ER for both DUB > DXB and DXB > MLE.
pineapple_09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 1:16 am
  #10  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,109
Originally Posted by pineapple_09 View Post
I think youíre thinking of Etihad (which ruled them out for me when I saw the A320!)

QR have a 787 DUB > DOH and an A350 DOH > MLE.
Ah, yes. Both the B787 and A350 on QR are better than the EK B777. Food is also better IMO.
DYKWIA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 3:33 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Posts: 1,130
I was very disappointed with the Emirates 777 with 2-3-2 seating in business so much so I have not used them since although I did like their A380 and their excellent lounges
amnicoll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 2:05 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Posts: 1,203
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Ah, yes. Both the B787 and A350 on QR are better than the EK B777. Food is also better IMO.
Sounds like we should be going with QR so!

Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
I was very disappointed with the Emirates 777 with 2-3-2 seating in business so much so I have not used them since although I did like their A380 and their excellent lounges
pineapple_09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 9:15 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BNE
Programs: QF
Posts: 297
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
I was very disappointed with the Emirates 777 with 2-3-2 seating in business so much so I have not used them since although I did like their A380 and their excellent lounges
I agree with this comment. I like the A380 in J, but from a seating perspective, I think that 777 J is more like Y+

It's angled lie flat. The divider pressed against my shoulder for the whole flight. The table rested on my legs the whole time it was down.
weegraeme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 7:59 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Posts: 543
Originally Posted by weegraeme View Post
I agree with this comment. I like the A380 in J, but from a seating perspective, I think that 777 J is more like Y+

It's angled lie flat. The divider pressed against my shoulder for the whole flight. The table rested on my legs the whole time it was down.
I actually think the 777 seat is better for sleeping as I find it roomier. I also have never experienced the issues with the table and divider and I'm pretty average size I think [5'10", 74kg]
kq747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 8:00 am
  #15  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,854
Originally Posted by weegraeme View Post
I agree with this comment. I like the A380 in J, but from a seating perspective, I think that 777 J is more like Y+

It's angled lie flat. The divider pressed against my shoulder for the whole flight. The table rested on my legs the whole time it was down.
No offense but you must have pretty thick thighs if you're having those issues (and wide shoulders). I'm normal sized and no such problems.
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread