777-300ER business class

Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
777-300ER business class

Hi all
I’ve searched but not sure if I’m getting the right info ... on the 777-300ER, I’m trying to figure out if it is new business class (lie-flat) or old business class (angle-flat). I’ve looked at Flight Radar and checked the aircraft on the list and they seem to have the ICE digital widescreen - does this mean the seats are the newer seats too or what?
Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Only about 6 aircraft have the latest business class, the angle flat ones are pretty flat too though
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Only about 6 aircraft have the latest business class, the angle flat ones are pretty flat too though
I think all aircraft from A6-EPV onwards have the lie-flat J class. Which is 21 in total I think. EQH-P have the new F and Y, along with a slightly different finish in J, but the same seats as EPV onwards.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by 773ER
I think all aircraft from A6-EPV onwards have the lie-flat J class. Which is 21 in total I think. EQH-P have the new F and Y, along with a slightly different finish in J, but the same seats as EPV onwards.
It's more than a different finish in J, it's quite an upgrade though the photos don't convey it. I understood OP's question as relating to those.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:33 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Hi all
I’ve searched but not sure if I’m getting the right info ... on the 777-300ER, I’m trying to figure out if it is new business class (lie-flat) or old business class (angle-flat). I’ve looked at Flight Radar and checked the aircraft on the list and they seem to have the ICE digital widescreen - does this mean the seats are the newer seats too or what?
Thanks!
There are only a handful of 77Ws with new J product, where and when are you going? Some more detail can help us identify the scheduled product on your route
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold
A couple of weeks ago I did Dubai-Frankfurt in the new business class in the 777-300ER. The seat was flat but I wasn´t able to find a good position to sleep. I am not tall at all, but the space in front of the seat where you introduce your feet when you lie to sleep was only half of the space because there was a support for all the papers (Catalogue, Safety instructions, etc). This was row 7;maybe it is different in others.

The updated screens are very nice.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. The route is DUB > DXB > MLE.

Basically, it’s a toss up between EK and QR. Total travel time is 2 hours shorter on EK than on QR on the return leg - outbound they are both the same. The return leg EK flight is also a morning departure from MLE (11am) whereas with QR, it’s an 8pm departure from MLE.

Had my heart set on QR as I hear their product is better and also would have the opportunity to experience Q suites but they bumped up their prices yesterday by a few hundred each (in total) so just considering what other options are out there now before I make my decision.

Also, don’t know if it makes it any easier with the decision but there are 3 of us so if going with EK, we would pick the 3 in the middle. If going with QR, we would pick 1 window, 2 in the middle or if we get lucky and get a Qsuites aircraft, we’ll be able to pick 3 in the middle - the privacy screen can be brought up so that the person in the 4th q suite seat will have privacy.

help! And thanks
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Thanks everyone. The route is DUB > DXB > MLE.
The QR long haul aircraft would be better. However, don't they use an A320 on the MLE flight?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The QR long haul aircraft would be better. However, don't they use an A320 on the MLE flight?
I think you’re thinking of Etihad (which ruled them out for me when I saw the A320!)

QR have a 787 DUB > DOH and an A350 DOH > MLE.

EK is a 777-300ER for both DUB > DXB and DXB > MLE.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I think you’re thinking of Etihad (which ruled them out for me when I saw the A320!)

QR have a 787 DUB > DOH and an A350 DOH > MLE.
Ah, yes. Both the B787 and A350 on QR are better than the EK B777. Food is also better IMO.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I was very disappointed with the Emirates 777 with 2-3-2 seating in business so much so I have not used them since although I did like their A380 and their excellent lounges
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Ah, yes. Both the B787 and A350 on QR are better than the EK B777. Food is also better IMO.
Sounds like we should be going with QR so!

Originally Posted by amnicoll
I was very disappointed with the Emirates 777 with 2-3-2 seating in business so much so I have not used them since although I did like their A380 and their excellent lounges
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by amnicoll
I agree with this comment. I like the A380 in J, but from a seating perspective, I think that 777 J is more like Y+

It's angled lie flat. The divider pressed against my shoulder for the whole flight. The table rested on my legs the whole time it was down.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by weegraeme
I agree with this comment. I like the A380 in J, but from a seating perspective, I think that 777 J is more like Y+

It's angled lie flat. The divider pressed against my shoulder for the whole flight. The table rested on my legs the whole time it was down.
I actually think the 777 seat is better for sleeping as I find it roomier. I also have never experienced the issues with the table and divider and I'm pretty average size I think [5'10", 74kg]
IntrepidAfrican likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by weegraeme

No offense but you must have pretty thick thighs if you're having those issues (and wide shoulders). I'm normal sized and no such problems.
IntrepidAfrican likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.