Search

Release of upgrade seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:32 am
RB
Original Poster

Programs: QF NB
Release of upgrade seats

Hi, I would like to upgrade a flight from Economy Flex to Business class using points. I wish to upgrade three passengers however only two seats are availble for upgrading (according to Experflyer). What is the likelihood of Emirates releasing an extra seat if I call them? We only wish to upgrade if all three of us can be upgraded... where we go one we go all!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Zero. They won't release a seat because you ask.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Skywards
Sadly none but you can keep checking back on the online system or via their call centre in case of any cancellations by other PAX.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I have same problem in these days ...

no any avaiabikity at all on all flights (just opened for sales and with business saver rates available) from 1st Genuary to 5th genuary from Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur to Milan to upgrade an economy flex plus rate.

it looks really strange (and bad)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:53 pm
RB
Original Poster

Programs: QF NB
Thanks for the replies. There are two seats currently available. Do you think if I take these two that an additional one may open later?

(Flight is in June - Athens to Dubai)
expertflyer is currently showing F4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O7 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9B9 U9 K9 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by RB
Thanks for the replies. There are two seats currently available. Do you think if I take these two that an additional one may open later?

expertflyer is currently showing F4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O7 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9B9 U9 K9 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0
It's virtually impossible to say. But if you don't take those two now they may well disappear.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77
I have same problem in these days ...

no any avaiabikity at all on all flights (just opened for sales and with business saver rates available) from 1st Genuary to 5th genuary from Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur to Milan to upgrade an economy flex plus rate.

it looks really strange (and bad)
Peak time and they think they can sell all these seats?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by RB

As skywardhunter says, these two may disappear so grab them now. Make sure you join Skywards (if you're not a member already) and then you can request the third one at check in if nothing comes up before then.

You will have to call if all 3 passengers are on the same PNR.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
Peak time and they think they can sell all these seats?
sure they think, but it’s the first time it happens in the last ten years ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.