Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interlining out of Israel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by simons1
Why - it is part of the process of incentivising people to buy a single ticket.

Why would you allow the customer to benefit from a cheaper product (separate tickets) whilst benefiting from the convenience of a more expensive product (single ticket).
Hmm not sure if it is always cheaper to buy separate tickets as opposed to a single especially when flying through the airline hub especially with the likes of EK and EY (depending on the origin ofcourse). Maybe it is cheaper with BA due to high APD? But you would be booking two non stop flights which are often individually (not always), more expensive then a single connecting flight, at least in my experience.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by kq747
Hmm not sure if it is always cheaper to buy separate tickets as opposed to a single especially when flying through the airline hub especially with the likes of EK and EY (depending on the origin ofcourse). Maybe it is cheaper with BA due to high APD? But you would be booking two non stop flights which are often individually (not always), more expensive then a single connecting flight, at least in my experience.
Not every time, but in a majority of cases I would suggest.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: QF WP
Qantas do a good job of transferring bags between two separate quasi-connecting bookings on their own metal, if asked nicely. However absolutely no dice getting them onto another oneworld partner’s separate quasi-connecting booking

BA won’t even do it on own metal (as a rule, no doubt exceptions are made from time to time)

it’s basically the norm now that separate bookings=separate baggage handling. Anything above that should be seen as a bonus not a right IMO
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

if it is cheaper to change an existing ticket to adjust the destination vs buying an extra ticket or cheaper to buy a through ticket vs 2 separate bookings, I cannot think of a sane reason to normally do it

Most people wouldnt even think of separate bookings and I suspect that most that do os are doing it for a price benefit
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:36 pm
RB
Original Poster

Programs: QF NB
Thanks for the thoughts on this point. I will ask the Aegean people nicely at TLV but fully expect to go through customs, collect bags and recheck at Athens.

Booking on seperate tickets this time purely because EK do not ticket to TLV... hence forced to buy two tickets.
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
I understand that they don't have a policy of guaranteeing that they will interline but my reading of the previous comment is that some airlines have a policy to actively refuse interlining bags on separate tickets even when they operate both flights. That is what surprises me. I am familiar with airlines having policies not to interline bags between different airlines even when they are partners, if on separate tickets.
The reason for BA is simple like that : Most bags get lost on a transfer between flights 99% . Only less than 1% get lost on a point to point connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.