Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai to auckland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Dubai to auckland

We are flying from Dubai to Auckkand departing 1005am can someone advise how the they deal with the window visors as you approach evening/dusk. Obviously it will be daytime for a while on the journey.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Balill
We are flying from Dubai to Auckkand departing 1005am can someone advise how the they deal with the window visors as you approach evening/dusk. Obviously it will be daytime for a while on the journey.
I have not flown this sector, but generally speaking on ex-DXB morning departures, In Y you will be encouraged to close them after the first meal service. In J and F the cabin crew take control of them and close them some time after the J breakfast service. People are connecting from around the world so they make the assumption that sleep is a priority for everyone and keep the cabins dark.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you not what i really wanted to hear but heyho x
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:10 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Metanoia
I have not flown this sector, but generally speaking on ex-DXB morning departures, In Y you will be encouraged to close them after the first meal service. In J and F the cabin crew take control of them and close them some time after the J breakfast service. People are connecting from around the world so they make the assumption that sleep is a priority for everyone and keep the cabins dark.
Yes, in J and F the cabin crew close the blinds remotely. But if you don’t agree with their ‘preference ‘, you can open them again. It’s not like they are ‘locked’. Have done that quite a few times, I like to look outside if there is something interesting to see.
I guess it’s the same for Y: you are ‘encouraged ‘ but not forced. Although I’m not sure what happens when you are obstinate and keep your blind open.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

We flew Frankfurt to Sydney and departed 2100 ish but even when it became daylight we were forced to keep the blinds closed which was very frustrating. Was hoping we would get some daykight after having flown from the Uk to Dubai during the hours of darkness.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Yes, in J and F the cabin crew close the blinds remotely. But if you don’t agree with their ‘preference ‘, you can open them again. It’s not like they are ‘locked’. Have done that quite a few times, I like to look outside if there is something interesting to see.
I guess it’s the same for Y: you are ‘encouraged ‘ but not forced. Although I’m not sure what happens when you are obstinate and keep your blind open.
Interesting, I've found that once the blinds go down automatically you cannot raise them again until the crew brings them up before landing. This was on the A380.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Thats what happened to us on the Qantas flight and if anyone dared to take peek out they mde them shut the blinds back down. It didnt seem natural but seems that is how it will be 🙁
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by Balill
They flew the leg in F a few days ago, crew closed them after approx the first meal for those who were eating. I believe you could still open manually though.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:00 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Interesting, I've found that once the blinds go down automatically you cannot raise them again until the crew brings them up before landing. This was on the A380.
Might be a central setting somewhere. I was certainly able to open them 2 weeks ago on EK15 (DXB/LGW) in J. And so were others. Newest 380 in the fleet.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Might be a central setting somewhere. I was certainly able to open them 2 weeks ago on EK15 (DXB/LGW) in J. And so were others. Newest 380 in the fleet.
It's definitely something the cabin crew can control. The blinds are locked for take off and landing.

I normally close the blinds soon after take off so I can watch the ICE. On one flight, I had to ask 3 times (including the purser) before the manual control was switched on - it was about 1 hour into the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.