Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

US$300 for EK Silver...then a status match?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA

Hi all,

I've just got an email from Emirates offering silver status for US$300. If I took that up could I contact EK and ask them to status match me to gold - when I have enquired in the past they would only match my QF gold to EK silver as it was one tier higher. I have some flights already booked with EK to Asia so they can see I am going to be flying them soon.

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
Doubt it.

Is is it really worth $300?

i tried to get my BA exec matched to Gold. They said no. Only to Silver. Then they said we aren’t going to process it as after your first flight you will be Gold anyway!

the positive is that they add your reward miles and update you status after each leg. Unlike BA that only calculate after the entire return journey.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by tm84
Hi all,

I've just got an email from Emirates offering silver status for US$300. If I took that up could I contact EK and ask them to status match me to gold - when I have enquired in the past they would only match my QF gold to EK silver as it was one tier higher. I have some flights already booked with EK to Asia so they can see I am going to be flying them soon.

Thanks
It's possible regarding their previous policy (I've acquired myself EK Gold via enrollment in other promotions for complimentary silver and then matched to Gold last year) and I see EK Blue->Silver (300USD)->Gold(status match) also a good approach. Even if they (sales office in your local area) denied your match, a Silver is still worth 300USD, comparing with other silly similar advertisement such as 500 USD for American Airlines Gold (totally trash).
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: Skywards
I was offered this back in April 2019 and so was my friend.

However i wanted to ask is it likely this offer will available again? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.