Got free "preferred" seat selection

Old Jan 14, 19, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Got free "preferred" seat selection

Flying DXB - MEL this week (72 hrs from now). Economy flex, Blue member.

I was just checking ManageMyBooking page, and noticed that I have been given the chance to choose a 'preferred' seat for free (last night it wasn't, had to pay $50 if I needed any of these). Preferred seats are nothing but standard economy seats located in the first cabin.

Emirates policy is clear about seats selection. As a blue member on economy flex I am not eligible to select a preferred type of seat until 48 hrs, now it's still 3 days to go.

what do you think could be the reason for giving me this 'extra' little thing?

Last edited by flydesire; Jan 14, 19 at 4:02 pm
Old Jan 14, 19, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
This hasn't been reported previously, though I think it would be smart of EK to open these seats up if all non-preferred are taken and they see that they'd have to allocate pax to preferred seats, in those cases perhaps they extend selection to all Skywards members (but not non-members?). Or maybe just a bug. Or you've got your travel dates wrong?
Old Jan 14, 19, 3:46 pm

I have been able to when online check in opens, I can only assume a full flight and the system is auto allocating to optermise
Old Jan 14, 19, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
This hasn't been reported previously, though I think it would be smart of EK to open these seats up if all non-preferred are taken and they see that they'd have to allocate pax to preferred seats, in those cases perhaps they extend selection to all Skywards members (but not non-members?). Or maybe just a bug. Or you've got your travel dates wrong?
Just to correct you, this has been reported before:

My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

Originally Posted by aceboy44 View Post
As a Silver member I was impressed that I was given a preffered seat on a saver ticket free of charge! I'm sticking with Emirates
m3red likes this.
Old Jan 15, 19, 12:34 am
Suspended

Just to correct you, this has been reported before:

My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)
Were you able to choose it yourself prior to T-48? That wasn't clear from your wording, as you say you were "given" implying it was auto assigned, this is standard practice when OLCI opens
Old Jan 15, 19, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Were you able to choose it yourself prior to T-48? That wasn't clear from your wording, as you say you were "given" implying it was auto assigned, this is standard practice when OLCI opens
To be honest I don't remember if it was T-48 or not but I selected the seat before check-in opened so literally it was not "given" but I choose it
Old Jan 15, 19, 3:10 am
Suspended

To be honest I don't remember if it was T-48 or not but I selected the seat before check-in opened so literally it was not "given" but I choose it
If you selected it before check-in then it was before T-48. At T-48 when Online Check-in opens then all seats are available, except exit rows.
Old Jan 15, 19, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
No luck for me, now at +/- T-50.

Search this Thread