Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

I need some help [Emirates minimum stay question]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I plan to fly with Emirates but one this is scares me and that's the reason why I couldn't book yet.
My plan is to go from BUD to KUL with Emirates and than in the same say (4 hours later) from KUL to DPS with AirAsia and when I come back also with AirAsia from DPS to BKK (I would stay there for a day) and than from BKK to BUD. My problem is that Emirates says something about minimum stays and that's what's not clear to me. Do I really HAVE TO STAY both in Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok for 5-6 days because so far this is what I get.
Pretty please if someone is smarter than me help I don't want to make a bad decision by paying for the flights but than can't left the country that time when I shoud.
Thank you xx
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:17 am

Hi Dodi,

Is this the message you are receiving?

"MINIMUM STAY

TRAVEL FROM TURNAROUND MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 6

DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN

If so- Emirates sometimes requires a minimum stay on some of their less expensive fares. What this means is that at least 6 days total must go by between your departure from Budapest till your return flight from Bangkok.. not 6 days in each city. You can in spend the time in DPS no problem. You can absolutely go KUL-DPS on the same day and spend 5+ days in DPS and then one day in Bangkok.. or however many days you would like. Enjoy your trip
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:26 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Emirates cannot force you to stay in any country and they don't know about your Air Asia flights.

The worst thing that they could do is: if you had another Emirates flight on ticket #2 departing KUL soon after you arrive on ticket #1 , they may cancel the tickets and tell you to buy all the flights on one ticket, which would be more expensive. (In any case, Emirates doesn't usually this, but it happens with some US airlines.)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CedarSwampThing
Hi Dodi,

Is this the message you are receiving?

"MINIMUM STAY

TRAVEL FROM TURNAROUND MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 6

DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN

If so- Emirates sometimes requires a minimum stay on some of their less expensive fares. What this means is that at least 6 days total must go by between your departure from Budapest till your return flight from Bangkok.. not 6 days in each city. You can in spend the time in DPS no problem. You can absolutely go KUL-DPS on the same day and spend 5+ days in DPS and then one day in Bangkok.. or however many days you would like. Enjoy your trip
Thank you so so much for your respond I really appreciate it. I was really worried about it. So thank you again xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.