Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Business: Direct Flight on (OLD) 777-300ER or Connection on A380?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Business: Direct Flight on (OLD) 777-300ER or Connection on A380?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:04 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Finkface
What about F on the 777? How does 777 F compare to 380 F? I can choose either as connecting onward is equally easy from either SEA or SFO.
Seat comfort much the same on both although some may say a little more room on the 77W. I never noticed too much difference personally.
A380 - Bar, shower, a lot quieter ride, lower pressure and better air quality. Choose from row 2 backwards although row 4 has some negatives due to proximity of the galley and noise from crew and service prep. Row 1 seats slightly less space due to curvature of the aircraft.
77W - Smaller cabin, suites reported as slightly roomier. Cabin is noisier than you would find on an A380 (engine noise) although not as bad as if you were at the back of the plane!

I personally would opt for A380 over 77W

S
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Saltire74

Seat comfort much the same on both although some may say a little more room on the 77W. I never noticed too much difference personally.
A380 - Bar, shower, a lot quieter ride, lower pressure and better air quality. Choose from row 2 backwards although row 4 has some negatives due to proximity of the galley and noise from crew and service prep. Row 1 seats slightly less space due to curvature of the aircraft.
77W - Smaller cabin, suites reported as slightly roomier. Cabin is noisier than you would find on an A380 (engine noise) although not as bad as if you were at the back of the plane!

I personally would opt for A380 over 77W

S
Yeah, I am leaning towards the A380 as well. Especially since the connection from PRG is on the 777 so I can try both.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:26 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Finkface
Yeah, I am leaning towards the A380 as well. Especially since the connection from PRG is on the 777 so I can try both.
Wi-fi reported as better on the 77W however, I see being on an aircraft for hours as a break from it all for a few hours. YMMV

S
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Service generally reported as better on 77W due to smaller cabin
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
. . . . lower pressure . . .
Higher (closer to sea level) cabin pressure surely.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:14 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by ft101
Higher (closer to sea level) cabin pressure surely.
Just testing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.