Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Upgrading using points from Business to First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading using points from Business to First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Is there any sort of “normal” when it comes to EK releasing business to first points upgrades?

I have two reservations for our family of 3 more than 30 days out. We booked business class on points. Immediately the single person reservation shows an offer to upgrade to first for 24K Points. The other reservation for 2 has no upgrade offer

if I take the single upgrade offer now, what if the likelihood more seats will become available before the day of the flight? Any idea how many?

Thanks for any info.

TD
If you booked on points, then I don't believe you can further upgrade using points. Unless this is some special "offer" - in which case, I wouldn't necessarily expect the offer will extend to the other booking.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
If you booked on points, then I don't believe you can further upgrade using points. Unless this is some special "offer" - in which case, I wouldn't necessarily expect the offer will extend to the other booking.
The single account does show she can upgrade using points. Can’t believe we are anything special being our first booking with EK.

TD

Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:04 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I think (am almost sure) that you can’t upgrade twice. But an award booking is not an upgrade so you should be able to upgrade that with Skywards miles.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Skywards
I’m hoping to upgrade both legs of SEZ to DUB from J to F with miles. I have enough miles to upgrade both flights if done as one transaction but not enough miles if I were to upgrade each leg separately.
If I upgrade one leg if/when there is availability will they let me upgrade the second leg retrospectively for the lesser amount of miles if availability opens up?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:42 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Neiltoo
I’m hoping to upgrade both legs of SEZ to DUB from J to F with miles. I have enough miles to upgrade both flights if done as one transaction but not enough miles if I were to upgrade each leg separately.
If I upgrade one leg if/when there is availability will they let me upgrade the second leg retrospectively for the lesser amount of miles if availability opens up?
Yes, they will. But you need to do it through the call centre and quite possibly have to ask / direct them to combine the two upgrades.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
1A & 2A Blocked out

I've flown to BKK from London 3 times this year and each time both 1A and 2A were blocked out. On two of the three occasions the seats were empty.
It's annoying as I prefer 2A and end up sitting in 2K. Is there a reason why they do this? Are they reserving seats for crew perhaps or am I just unlucky ?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by chelseastu
I've flown to BKK from London 3 times this year and each time both 1A and 2A were blocked out. On two of the three occasions the seats were empty.
It's annoying as I prefer 2A and end up sitting in 2K. Is there a reason why they do this? Are they reserving seats for crew perhaps or am I just unlucky ?
1A might be crew rest, 2A might be for UMs. Are you still unable to request a switch at check-in or the lounge?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
1A might be crew rest, 2A might be for UMs. Are you still unable to request a switch at check-in or the lounge?
I thought as much. Yes next time I will ask.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:02 pm

I thought as much. Yes next time I will ask.
Once you are in the air ask to move. I have never found a steward with an issue moving to an empty seat.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:25 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

I have successfully called in and asked them to unblock 2A for me. Got the warning that if there was an UM I might be moved. Same for 9A in J on the 77W.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Yes, they will. But you need to do it through the call centre and quite possibly have to ask / direct them to combine the two upgrades.
Thanks, I’ll call as soon as/if Expert flyer shows availability.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Anybody had much luck upgrading a DXB-LHR J-F flight with points, at the airport/lounge?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Anybody had much luck upgrading a DXB-LHR J-F flight with points, at the airport/lounge?
yes but Lhr f loads are high so it depends on when you are travelling and what date
Tanzguy and Bouncingsouls like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by m3red

yes but Lhr f loads are high so it depends on when you are travelling and what date
cheers. Hopefully try my luck on EK5 in March.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls

cheers. Hopefully try my luck on EK5 in March.
what date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.