Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2019/2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusing and we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates Skywards. Our award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and flydubai, as well as with our wide selection of partners. Enhance your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2017/2018 thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...17-2018-a.html

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Co-Moderator
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2019/2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yeah to AKL might be tough. Also depends which Y Flex Plus bucket it is, the highest (full fare Y) is basically the same as J Saver.
As an FYI:
dxb - akl upgrade Y - J via email was €1060euro
when I checked in online there was also a miles upgrade of 50300 offered.

cheers

Last edited by Greenkiwi; Mar 19, 2019 at 7:50 am
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by UAEBANDIT
I might be wrong but from what I remember you can't do anything with your skywards until you have completed your first flight.
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing (EK newbie here) but I was able to xfer AmEx MR into my brand-new EK account and use those to upgrade my first EK flight (a Y-SaverFlex) into J.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
No First Award Available Despite Entire Cabin Being Empty??

Looking at booking 2 Award Tickets in First from MXP-JFK One Way in August and for the ENTIRE month there is no availability for even 1.

I checked a specific day on EF and only occupied seats were two seats which were blocked with the rest showing available.

I saw here that someone mentioned EK blocks off First for the month of August for Europe. Does that ever get released later on?

Should I book in Business and look to upgrade with miles later on? Or should I just wait for something to open up? (at least for now since were still 5 months out)

Also regarding redemption is 62,500 and 85,000 the lowest rates for MXP-JFK? It seems as if they don't have saver rewards when using the miles calculator on EK's website. Can saver awards only be booked on a round trip ticket?

Thanks in advanced!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
August to US is a no go availability wise. Saver awards are roundtrip only
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
August to US is a no go availability wise. Saver awards are roundtrip only
So with that being said can I book Business and Upgrade to First later with miles or is that blocked as well in Aug? Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593
So with that being said can I book Business and Upgrade to First later with miles or is that blocked as well in Aug? Thanks
Its the exact same availability
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:28 pm

Its the exact same availability
So other than cash I'm flat out of luck for award space, upgrade space(J to F) or buy up space (cash)?

What about Sept?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:49 pm

So other than cash I'm flat out of luck for award space, upgrade space(J to F) or buy up space (cash)?

What about Sept?
​​​​​​Yep. No idea about Sept but should be a bit better
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

First availability may appear closer to the time. So, you may be able to upgrade if you book business now.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:41 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
First availability may appear closer to the time. So, you may be able to upgrade if you book business now.
And then of course there is the ‘space available ‘ upgrade on the day. Either at check in, in the lounge or (if you are Silver or above) even on board. It’s a bit Russian roulette, but as long as you are not going to be completely devastated having to fly J instead of F, it’s certainly an option.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh

And then of course there is the ‘space available ‘ upgrade on the day. Either at check in, in the lounge or (if you are Silver or above) even on board. It’s a bit Russian roulette, but as long as you are not going to be completely devastated having to fly J instead of F, it’s certainly an option.

Do all 3 of these "Either at check in, in the lounge or (if you are Silver or above) even on board." Apply if your Silver? If your not silver what are your options?

I'm not going to be completely devastated, but essentially once I do this I'm putting all my eggs in once basket.

My other options are SQ out of FRA (J confirmed) (F Waitlist) or LH out of FRA(J confirmed) 14 days out if there is a shot a (F). I will have the EU Railpass so traveling MXP-FRA via train doesn't add to my cost and timing doesn't really bother me...

This is my first time to Europe (in this case coming back from), I travel once a month(probably logged 200 flights in 6 years) but it's always in the Americas (North, Central and South) so the best I ever get is a Avianca 787 or LATAM 767 lol. Never had the option to fly on an A380 or B747, so I would like to try and take advantage of this. Points are plentiful but I have no desire to spend 4K on F in cash when I can pay 62.5K PTS plus $295 in cash for a J ticket...

Last edited by theboss7593; Mar 30, 2019 at 2:15 pm
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:27 pm

Do all 3 of these "Either at check in, in the lounge or (if you are Silver or above) even on board." Apply if your Silver? If your not silver what are your options?

I'm not going to be completely devastated, but essentially once I do this I'm putting all my eggs in once basket.

My other options are SQ out of FRA (J confirmed) (F Waitlist) or LH out of FRA(J confirmed) 14 days out if there is a shot a (F). I will have the EU Railpass so traveling MXP-FRA via train doesn't add to my cost and timing doesn't really bother me...

This is my first time to Europe (in this case coming back from), I travel once a month(probably logged 200 flights in 6 years) but it's always in the Americas (North, Central and South) so the best I ever get is a Avianca 787 or LATAM 767 lol. Never had the option to fly on an A380 or B747, so I would like to try and take advantage of this. Points are plentiful but I have no desire to spend 4K on F in cash when I can pay 62.5K PTS plus $295 in cash for a J ticket...
If you're silver you can upgrade either at check-in, lounge, gate or onboard, if not silver then onboard isn't possible but all the others are
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:42 pm

If you're silver you can upgrade either at check-in, lounge, gate or onboard, if not silver then onboard isn't possible but all the others are
Gotcha thanks! And is it a cash basis or points?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:48 pm

Gotcha thanks! And is it a cash basis or points?
This is for miles upgrades
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:55 pm

This is for miles upgrades
Excellent thank you for all your info..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.