Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2019/2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusing and we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates Skywards. Our award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and flydubai, as well as with our wide selection of partners. Enhance your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2017/2018 thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...17-2018-a.html

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Co-Moderator
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2019/2020

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Question about Platinum status. Finally, after my next EK flight, I'll have Platinum Status. From what I can read, I'm not sure that I would use many of the benefits. I usually fly J and when I have the miles and availability upgrade to F. Rarely check luggage. So, my question is, will I have access to the F lounges (which I really like for being for less congested) in A, B and C? The EK App says Platinum has access to First Lounges in "B" and "C." Thanks for any clarifications or experiences.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:06 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Tanzguy
Question about Platinum status. Finally, after my next EK flight, I'll have Platinum Status. From what I can read, I'm not sure that I would use many of the benefits. I usually fly J and when I have the miles and availability upgrade to F. Rarely check luggage. So, my question is, will I have access to the F lounges (which I really like for being for less congested) in A, B and C? The EK App says Platinum has access to First Lounges in "B" and "C." Thanks for any clarifications or experiences.
Congratulations!
As a lowly Gold I have no first hand experience, but I am 99.999% sure that you have access to all F lounges as Plat.

And by the way, don't forget to change your signature after your next flight...
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yes 100% access to all the F lounges + guest
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If you're silver you can upgrade either at check-in, lounge, gate or onboard, if not silver then onboard isn't possible but all the others are
Can you upgrade as silver member through check in if purchased a ticket from a third party such as amex travel?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7

Can you upgrade as silver member through check in if purchased a ticket from a third party such as amex travel?
With miles? Yes. With cash? Probably but it'll be full fare difference
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Yes definitely all F lounges will welcome you. That includes the one in the A concourse
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plat
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this question has been answered ad naseum but I thought I'd try it here!

Booked a Flex Plus ticket with $ for myself and the fiance for our honeymoon from LAX to SEZ next month. DXB - SEZ leg has J availability but the LAX - DXB leg still doesn't. Should I sit on the AMEX MR points before transferring them over for the full J upgrade or wait? I've got ExpertFlyer notifications ready to go but when do they typically open these seats up? Should I go ahead and transfer the MR points and set the auto upgrade?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by FishTX22
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this question has been answered ad naseum but I thought I'd try it here!

Booked a Flex Plus ticket with $ for myself and the fiance for our honeymoon from LAX to SEZ next month. DXB - SEZ leg has J availability but the LAX - DXB leg still doesn't. Should I sit on the AMEX MR points before transferring them over for the full J upgrade or wait? I've got ExpertFlyer notifications ready to go but when do they typically open these seats up? Should I go ahead and transfer the MR points and set the auto upgrade?
There is no guarantee it will open up at all. You can transfer enough to upgrade DXB-SEZ now and if LAX-DXB becomes available call EK to upgrade for the discounted combined price rather than the cost of each individual leg (and transfer the balance MR then).
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Skywards
Try calling them now to see what they say, you never know they might unlock some seats
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7
Try calling them now to see what they say, you never know they might unlock some seats
They won't
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat
They won't
Haha yeah, I'm gonna trust your username here and figure that's probably not going to happen
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:27 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
They won't
That is certainly true. But on the other hand, there have been instances where availability at the call centre is different from the website ans especially different from EF. And trying it will certainly not hurt.
redeternet7 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
In theory if a F award becomes available. Cost to upgrade is 30K miles... Cost difference between the 2 is 22.5K miles.

If ones is to cancel their award ticket how long does it take for the points to show up, to apply to F booking... If it's instant I would do it, if not then I'm not gonna play games over 15K but would be nice to save the 15K if possible.

I have a fully refundable award ticket so there are NO cancellation or change fees.

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593
In theory if a F award becomes available. Cost to upgrade is 30K miles... Cost difference between the 2 is 22.5K miles.

If ones is to cancel their award ticket how long does it take for the points to show up, to apply to F booking... If it's instant I would do it, if not then I'm not gonna play games over 15K but would be nice to save the 15K if possible.

I have a fully refundable award ticket so there are NO cancellation or change fees.

Thanks
Pretty instant but original booking class must be available
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:05 am
nwe

Can I take a guest into a partner lounge as Gold? Flying from KIX in Y and want to take someone in with me, it’s a JAL lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.