Chances of op-up

Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Chances of op-up

I am travelling from LHE-YYZ tomorrow. EK623 and EK241. I have a Y class flex plus fare and I am a Skywards Blue member. I checked the seat map for both flights and it seems that there are some seats available in Y class. I checked expertflyer and got the following results for availability:

EK 623:

J0 C0I0O0 P0Y5E0R0W0M0 B0U0 K0 H0Q0L0T0V0X0

EK 241:

F2 A2 J5 C5I5O0P1Y4 E4R4 W0M0B0U0 K0H0Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Yesterday, however, I got an email from Emirates which offered to upgrade my itinerary to Business class (both legs) for approx. US $1,195. I don't have that much money available since I'm a student lol. In my experience, getting an upgrade offer a couple of days before a flight means that an op up is likely. I never got an op up before and I hope this is the 1st time haha. What are my chances?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by taimurtk100
I am travelling from LHE-YYZ tomorrow. EK623 and EK241. I have a Y class flex plus fare and I am a Skywards Blue member. I checked the seat map for both flights and it seems that there are some seats available in Y class. I checked expertflyer and got the following results for availability:

EK 623:

J0 C0I0O0 P0Y5E0R0W0M0 B0U0 K0 H0Q0L0T0V0X0

EK 241:

F2 A2 J5 C5I5O0P1Y4 E4R4 W0M0B0U0 K0H0Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Yesterday, however, I got an email from Emirates which offered to upgrade my itinerary to Business class (both legs) for approx. US $1,195. I don't have that much money available since I'm a student lol. In my experience, getting an upgrade offer a couple of days before a flight means that an op up is likely. I never got an op up before and I hope this is the 1st time haha. What are my chances?
Decent chance on the first leg with a flex plus ticket. 2nd leg isnt do sure. EK will offer upgrades even if they aren't full in Economy, because they're also not full in Business so it still makes sense to take the extra cash from you for the less expensive (to them) upgrade
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Decent chance on the first leg with a flex plus ticket. 2nd leg isnt do sure. EK will offer upgrades even if they aren't full in Economy, because they're also not full in Business so it still makes sense to take the extra cash from you for the less expensive (to them) upgrade
In your experience, does the route the 2nd leg is on (DXB-YYZ) fill up fast in the last 24 hours? It seems that there is still some space but do you think it will fill up due to the New Year's rush with everybody rushing to go back home (including me)? and if it does fill up, will my op up chances also increase?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:38 am

In your experience, does the route the 2nd leg is on (DXB-YYZ) fill up fast in the last 24 hours? It seems that there is still some space but do you think it will fill up due to the New Year's rush with everybody rushing to go back home (including me)? and if it does fill up, will my op up chances also increase?

The seat map is not definitive at all as an indicator of load. That being said on some routes loads will be high, while others will be very low right now. Especially flights TO rich and cold countries seem to be empty right now. I know a flight to HAM yesterday had entire rows empty in Y
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Flights to LHR and JFK are often filled during this time and they are cold places. Is this the case with YYZ?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:49 am

Flights to LHR and JFK are often filled during this time and they are cold places. Is this the case with YYZ?
No idea. YYZ has only 3 flights a week I think? So more likely to be full.

Keep in mind that LHR and JFK are premium heavy markets so less chance of op-up anyway

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.