Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
When have they ever had such a sale? But no probably not, I'd imagine such a sale is for two full tickets for different pax, not a 2nd seat (which incidentally costs less than a full 2nd ticket as you don't pay additional taxes etc)
They've had it at least 3 times since 2016 if I recall. Here's one such time in the article below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insider.com/emirates-two-for-one-flight-deal-2019-2

Well, next time they have one I'll see if I can get two seats and I'll report back my findings.

On Edit: Overweight people buy 2 seats so maybe I could too, even though I'm not
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
They've had it at least 3 times since 2016 if I recall. Here's one such time in the article below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insider.com/emirates-two-for-one-flight-deal-2019-2

Well, next time they have one I'll see if I can get two seats and I'll report back my findings.
Interesting, thanks for sharing, obviously on very specific routings and dates
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:01 pm

Hi all,

flying FRA-DXB-BKK FC in December and back in February.
Fares are very good, but looking for a 10% promotion or similar.
Is there a chance one is coming befor fares going up?
Most promotion I found in the past, are only Business and or Economy Class.
I will plan a stop over in DXB for 9 hours so I can make a quick photograph tour in Dubai per Taxi and I like to keep my oneboard baggage in the FC lounge.
Will this be possible?
(I hope my Checked Baggage in FRA will go directly to BKK)

Thanks

Tom
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:43 am

No Dubai First Class lounge users here?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by SwissTom
Hi all,

flying FRA-DXB-BKK FC in December and back in February.
Fares are very good, but looking for a 10% promotion or similar.
Is there a chance one is coming befor fares going up?
Most promotion I found in the past, are only Business and or Economy Class.
I will plan a stop over in DXB for 9 hours so I can make a quick photograph tour in Dubai per Taxi and I like to keep my oneboard baggage in the FC lounge.
Will this be possible?
(I hope my Checked Baggage in FRA will go directly to BKK)

Thanks

Tom
You cannot leave any luggage stored/unattended in any lounge at DXB. However, there is a luggage storage facility on arrival that you can use for a fee.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by XXTSGR
You cannot leave any luggage stored/unattended in any lounge at DXB. However, there is a luggage storage facility on arrival that you can use for a fee.
Perfect thank you.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:32 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
I have a very rudimentary question, so thought it best to ask here...

My Skywards year reset is in August, and I will have 24 flight segments (and 15000 tier miles) flown by then. If I take one more FZ/EK flight, will I get silver? All the literature I've read on the Emirates web page says "25,000 Tier Miles" or 25 qualifying flights, however on all my statement pages and account info it says "you still need 10,000 tier miles to achieve Silver", and no mention of qualifying flights.

Can I achieve status on qualifying flights alone?

(For those curious how someone managed to do 24 flight segments with only 60% of the tier miles... my regular routes are DXB-KWI and DXB-BAH on whatever the company finds cheapest, which isn't even FZ half the time).
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by BA Humbug
I have a very rudimentary question, so thought it best to ask here...

My Skywards year reset is in August, and I will have 24 flight segments (and 15000 tier miles) flown by then. If I take one more FZ/EK flight, will I get silver? All the literature I've read on the Emirates web page says "25,000 Tier Miles" or 25 qualifying flights, however on all my statement pages and account info it says "you still need 10,000 tier miles to achieve Silver", and no mention of qualifying flights.

(For those curious how someone managed to do 24 flight segments with only 60% of the tier miles... my regular routes are DXB-KWI and DXB-BAH on whatever the company finds cheapest, which isn't even FZ half the time).
Yeah you should as long as your statement does indeed show you currently having 24 and you complete the 25th within the qualifying tier. Do note that there is no hard "reset" you can earn status in any rolling 13-month window.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by BA Humbug

I'm still seeing the reference to flights required on my statement page on both laptop and app. However, I don't think they're accurate so maybe something going on. If you can find it anywhere, capture any screen shots you can in case they do make changes.

Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Very dumb question - I have a throwaway ticket where I have no intention of flying my return. I'm guessing it won't be an issue either way, but is it better to just no show or actually cancel the ticket if I don't want to risk a reprice?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Very dumb question - I have a throwaway ticket where I have no intention of flying my return. I'm guessing it won't be an issue either way, but is it better to just no show or actually cancel the ticket if I don't want to risk a reprice?
call and cancel you may even get some taxes back
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:14 am

Is it mandatory to update passenger details (passport, visa status etc.,) before flying international? If it is not mandatory, I can avoid giving all this info to them right?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by rustum76
Is it mandatory to update passenger details (passport, visa status etc.,) before flying international? If it is not mandatory, I can avoid giving all this info to them right?
I'm sure someone will be along to answer your question, but I just went through something similar myself. I had to update my passport information again online which seemed to have disappeared from my account profile.

In doing so I noticed my middle name missing on my account and the ticket I purchased. It took a week for them to fix it after 2 emails and 2 calls, calls which lasted over an hour on hold.

I know some airlines don't care about middle names, but I like all my information, profile, boarding pass, passport and any visa applications to contain my full name to help prevent any issues.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by rustum76
If you want to complete OLCI yes. If you don't then at the airport they will capture it
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm sure someone will be along to answer your question, but I just went through something similar myself. I had to update my passport information again online which seemed to have disappeared from my account profile.

In doing so I noticed my middle name missing on my account and the ticket I purchased. It took a week for them to fix it after 2 emails and 2 calls, calls which lasted over an hour on hold.

I know some airlines don't care about middle names, but I like all my information, profile, boarding pass, passport and any visa applications to contain my full name to help prevent any issues.
Thanks for the update. Some reason airline combined my first name with middle name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.