Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
I've had a couple of upgrades recently where some sort of promo was in place for reduced miles. I've no idea how it's worked out or if you can tell in advance, but gladly accept them when they turn up.

I've found it more difficult to see recently. Unless you have enough miles in your account, you can't get through to the page that shows you if there are Saver or Flex Rewards available. You can work it out from the total miles, and from the days if it's Saver one way and Flex the other, but it takes a bit of brain work. Is there an easier way?
ExpertFlyer. I don't ever search for awards so if something's changed recently I've not seen it
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Welcome to the world of bling! If J Saver Awards are available then upgrades are, too. Once you book you can see on MMB too. CD must be pre-booked and is no longer available on upgrades (and I think award bookings) as of 1st March.
BLINGO! (I almost forgot.... )
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Lounge Access - Brisbane

I'm flying out of Brisbane in J in July. I'm flying on EK433 which leaves at 2:35 an

If I got to the airport at around 9:00 pm and went through security then, would I be likely to be admitted to the EK lounge then? EK has 3 flights a day out of Brisbane. They depart at 9:00 pm, 10:50 am and then 2:35 am the following morning. Obviously, the 9:00 pm flight will have departed by then (assuming no delays). I don't know how big the EK lounge is in Brisbane. The QF website says that the QF lounge shuts at midnight.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by weegraeme
I'm flying out of Brisbane in J in July. I'm flying on EK433 which leaves at 2:35 an

If I got to the airport at around 9:00 pm and went through security then, would I be likely to be admitted to the EK lounge then? EK has 3 flights a day out of Brisbane. They depart at 9:00 pm, 10:50 am and then 2:35 am the following morning. Obviously, the 9:00 pm flight will have departed by then (assuming no delays). I don't know how big the EK lounge is in Brisbane. The QF website says that the QF lounge shuts at midnight.
Brisbane Airport website says no, but I'd look for first hand verification.

https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/sho...lounge?loc=All
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
I have used the QF lounge at Brisbane when flying with EK in J - in fact when I spoke to the EK lounge about the fact that I had been waiting a couple of hours for them to open the doors I was told that I could use the QF lounge when the EK one was not open. Therefore could the OP not use the QF lounge until it closes at midnight, by which time the EK lounge should be open for the 0235 flight?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi all,
I'll be flying to EU end of the month on a Qantas/Emirates codeshare in Business.
It is highly likely that a peer from EU will come back to Australia with me, also flying Business (most likely he'll have the EK flight numbers booked).

I am Qantas Platinum, therefore have access to the EK First Class lounge in Dubai. Qantas has an info page on their partnership (https://www.qantas.com/au/en/about-u.../emirates.html) but what this doesn't say: Can I take a guest into the EK First Class lounge or just Business lounge (as per travel class)?

Thanks all
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Hellboy666
Hi all,
I'll be flying to EU end of the month on a Qantas/Emirates codeshare in Business.
It is highly likely that a peer from EU will come back to Australia with me, also flying Business (most likely he'll have the EK flight numbers booked).

I am Qantas Platinum, therefore have access to the EK First Class lounge in Dubai. Qantas has an info page on their partnership (https://www.qantas.com/au/en/about-u.../emirates.html) but what this doesn't say: Can I take a guest into the EK First Class lounge or just Business lounge (as per travel class)?

Thanks all
As QF Plat I believe you're allowed a guest in the F lounge (90% certain)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by Hellboy666
Hi all,

Thanks all
I'm pretty sure that anyone who is permitted access to the F lounge is covered by the following rules (lifted from the Emirates website);

QF platinum is equivalent to Emirates platinum
Attached Images  
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: Skywards
How many seats are generally available as Bus Saver Award & Upgrade? (in total)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by redeternet7
How many seats are generally available as Bus Saver Award & Upgrade? (in total)
It's neither a fixed number, nor published. They open seats ad-hoc based on forecast availability
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It's neither a fixed number, nor published. They open seats ad-hoc based on forecast availability
Managed to get two, then the icon disappeared, wondering if there is a chance of another 2?
Funny thing is, its for a return leg with a stopover, although my timing is not available anymore, the flight earlier has 1 leg available on upgrades
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7
Managed to get two, then the icon disappeared, wondering if there is a chance of another 2?
Funny thing is, its for a return leg with a stopover, although my timing is not available anymore, the flight earlier has 1 leg available on upgrades
There might be, no one knows, could also be just one more. Each flight has individual availability for upgrades/awards, not married segments like with revenue fares
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Might seem a silly question - but here goes....
Usually fly J or F business on my own through DXB and am familiar with the J/F separate drop off and check-in area.
When with family, always fly Y and normally just go to the bank of Skywards Silver Check In desks in the main check In hall.
Am I allowed / entitled as a Skyward Gold flying with family all in Y to get dropped off at the J/F Check In area and just turn up to any of the J Check In desks?
Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by GEB74
Might seem a silly question - but here goes....
Usually fly J or F business on my own through DXB and am familiar with the J/F separate drop off and check-in area.
When with family, always fly Y and normally just go to the bank of Skywards Silver Check In desks in the main check In hall.
Am I allowed / entitled as a Skyward Gold flying with family all in Y to get dropped off at the J/F Check In area and just turn up to any of the J Check In desks?
Thanks
Officially not... but as long as you've not got 15 kids, 6 bothers and all their kids, it should be OK
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:24 pm

I recently flew a few legs in EK biz and wasn't elated.

The meal options always seemed like:
1. Reverse-seared wagyu fillet with ossetra caviar and a happy ending
2. Microwaved potato
3. Something that might be good if it weren't halal

And they were consistently out of the #1 item by the time they got to me, even ex-DXB.

Also, the service was mediocre. I never saw an FA apart from meal times. And if I wanted my call button ignored, I would have opted for a seat in the back and saved the difference.

Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.